SASS Wire Forum

Virginia gun ban fails

They’ll be back.

Well, just an FYI, Bloomberg has suddenly started surging in the polls and now qualifies for the next debate. I know a lot of people dismissed him as a sideshow, but it now looks like he actually has a fair chance of winning the nomination. If he becomes president we'll be lucky if we get to keep our lever-actions, so it's time for everyone to sit up and take notice. Don't say that just because you don't own an AR-15 that it's not a big deal come November.

37 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Well, just an FYI, Bloomberg has suddenly started surging in the polls and now qualifies for the next debate. I know a lot of people dismissed him as a sideshow, but it now looks like he actually has a fair chance of winning the nomination. If he becomes president we'll be lucky if we get to keep our lever-actions, so it's time for everyone to sit up and take notice. Don't say that just because you don't own an AR-15 that it's not a big deal come November.

You are right.   They don't just want the ar15 but the Virginia bill had a long list of guns that it banned.  

3 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I know a lot of people dismissed him as a sideshow,

Last time they dismissed a guy as a sideshow, he went and got elected.  Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself so quickly. 

Though, in fairness, it's mostly a different group dismissing this guy as a sideshow than that last guy. 

"They" are fighting a war of attrition and have more money to fight with.  "They" erode our second amendment rights one inch, one bullet, one stupid law at a time.  "They" can spend enormous amounts of resources and still loose nothing because "They" can just start over somewhere else.   Did "They" really expect to win? Probably not.  "They" may be trying for some compromise that sounds reasonable (on some emotional level) but is just a Trojan horse to expand into more control.  

Believe me, they can make up any kind of excuse to deny you a firearm.  Do you have a lever action 45-70 Marlin?  They'll say,  "Why should you need a gun that could kill a buffalo?"   Do you have a nice 30-06 Remington 700 with a nice variable Bushnell scope?  They'll say, "Why do you need a sniper rifle?"  Any excuse.

In middle school I had to read a short story about the future,  I forgot the name.   A guy went to renew his driver's license but the government was thinning down who could drive.   He had to do a driving simulator where he had a near miss with a tractor trailer.  As he felt relief at being spared death another car is about to hit him head on.  He sees a young girl with fear in the front seat and they crash.  It was so real he was shaken.

They told him he passed and asked if he still wanted to renew his license.   Upon saying yes, they grabbed him and hauled him away for being insane for wanting a license after seeing the young girl.  He then knew why there were scuff marks in the floor out the door.  They had done it to all who wanted to drive anyway.  They were flagged as insane or in our terms, red flagged.  

Let the story set into your mind.   If it can be dreamed it can be attempted 

12 hours ago, punxsutawneypete said:

Believe me, they can make up any kind of excuse to deny you a firearm.  Do you have a lever action 45-70 Marlin?  They'll say,  "Why should you need a gun that could kill a buffalo?"   Do you have a nice 30-06 Remington 700 with a nice variable Bushnell scope?  They'll say, "Why do you need a sniper rifle?"  Any excuse.

A couple weeks ago I bought a lever-action .22 from Walmart. The way they treated me and conducted the sale it was as if I was buying a belt-fed machine gun with attached grenade launcher. That's how it's going to be everywhere one of these days.

14 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

In middle school I had to read a short story about the future,  I forgot the name.   A guy went to renew his driver's license but the government was thinning down who could drive.   He had to do a driving simulator where he had a near miss with a tractor trailer.  As he felt relief at being spared death another car is about to hit him head on.  He sees a young girl with fear in the front seat and they crash.  It was so real he was shaken.

They told him he passed and asked if he still wanted to renew his license.   Upon saying yes, they grabbed him and hauled him away for being insane for wanting a license after seeing the young girl.  He then knew why there were scuff marks in the floor out the door.  They had done it to all who wanted to drive anyway.  They were flagged as insane or in our terms, red flagged.  

Let the story set into your mind.   If it can be dreamed it can be attempted 

I remember that story.  I think the woman who died was his mom, and he said yes because he was still in shock. 

We read another one in the same class that I'd like to find again.  It was a future where everyone was equal.  The kid in question was about to take an aptitude test and his parents were hoping he didn't do too well because if he did, he'd get a lobotomy.  You know, to make sure he was equal with everyone else.  Maybe I should ask alpo, he seems to have read everything. 

Man, they made you all read some weird stuff. We had to read "normal" stuff like Catcher in the Rye, Slaughterhouse Five and 1984. A couple of these probably aren't even in the library, let alone required reading.

I read all of those in High School except To Kill a Mockingbird, and Slaughterhouse 5.  We were supposed to read lonesome dove, but wound up watching it instead. 

Catcher in the Rye is the only book I can remember that I actively hated.  I can't believe that author gets to be considered one of the greats.  Got a dirty look from my teacher when she told us how he became a hermit after writing this book and never wrote again and I said "Hallelujah!"  I said "What?  It's a terrible book and hard to read!  He should feel bad."

Anyway, these were short stories that were the weird ones.  Completely different unit. 

Yep, 4 democrats saved the day.  The take away from what is happening in VA is to make sure your ALWAYS VOTE!  Voter turn out is always low.  If we want to keep our guns we must vote.  One of my proudest accomplishements is that I have voted in every election since I was 18 and that has been a while.  Reagan was the first President I voted for.

Tye

Archived