SASS Wire Forum

1980s Fads

Sixgun Sheridan

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You mean, like... :blink:

7-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500

You almost never see any that high, but some lift is common. Stacks are a common thing on diesels, though.

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

You mean, like... :blink:

7-2.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=960&h=500

Never have understood why anyone would want their 4" - 6" exhaust pipes sticking up in the air for the rain to collect in the bottom.

On 2/17/2020 at 4:22 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Lotus 1-2-3

Oh, dear Lord.  If it was Lotus, you were always messing with it to get it to print.  Back in the day my home club didn't appreciate SASS going to rank point scoring, so I had to double entry our scores (and we were shooting 60-70 shooters per monthly match) into Lotus-based programs.  Don't ever say I didn't do my part.

4 hours ago, MizPete said:

No.  Richard Pryor was funny.

No, Eddie Murphy was funny. Richard Pryor was comedic genius.

Just now, Sixgun Sheridan said:

The only time Eddie Murphy ever made me laugh was when he was the little red dragon in Disney's Mulan. Aside from that I've found him crude and not very funny at all.

You forgot Donkey in Shrek. To each their own. I can still recall sitting with friends in both high school and college and all of us laughing ourselves silly watching his stuff.

We just about wore out Eddie Murphy's Delirious on tape.  As a younger teen, we certainly should not have had that tape, but it was so funny at the time.  Certainly not very PC by today's standards.  But "PC" just didn't exist for a bunch of young teen boys in the early 80's.   That and the cartoon movie "Heavy Metal" warped my fragile little mind!  :blink:

MV5BOTc2NzM1ODgtM2RkYi00M2U4LWE4NzEtMDMzZGUzYmI1ZDUzL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg

How about the rise and fall of the Delorian?

Great car, just watch out when you hit 88 mph!

29 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

How about the rise and fall of the Delorian?

Great car, just watch out when you hit 88 mph!

That car was notorious for straddling the white line in the road and snorting it up.;)

Archived