SASS Wire Forum

Lever Action Shotguns

bgavin

3 hours ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I find it hard to believe nobody mentions Coyote Cap.

He is the go to guy as he merged existing designs into one and got

the lever shotguns produced in China.

I met him in 2002 and sat in his kitchen while he outlined what he was

about to try. I ordered two lever shotguns and got on his substantial no deposit

waiting list.  After too much waiting I dropped out but was still very interested.

So do some searches on the SASS wire and on the web.

His shotguns with his serial numbers are good to go afaik.

The other lever shotguns were made to different specs.

I had Cap work over several guns for me. I never got a  lever shotgun

as my back has limited my shooting a LOT.

All this info is a bit out of date.

Good luck with finding a reliable lever shotgun. They do exist.

Best

CR

In Truth everyone who shoots an 87 with any drop should thank Fireball and Texas John Critter.   They were the first to actually have the idea of the drop two and make it a reality.  This was in 1996 +/- a year.   Fireball’s modification could not be used in the new reproductions and was left in country when Cap went to China. We were running drop 2 87s before Cap went to china so...

Cap was a huge help on getting an 87 reproduction Made at all and for that we should be thankful.

Best regards,

Chili

I started this game with an Chinese 87, one of the new ones that was so bad out of the box that I spent a week with files and watching videos to make it run smooth and extract reliably. Its now slick as butter and as long as I do my job, she does hers. I bought a CZ Hammer Coach as a back-up gun. I Love the double hammers but I still like the lever gun better! 

Fireball is awesome with an 87 - he works it so fast I cannot even mimic what he does at real speed.

87s are the most fun to slow load - all the way - and them let'er rip (shoot fast), especially with The Holy Black.

I just wish more MDs would write or approve of stages where you get to stoke up the shotgun to capacity.

How it was intended to be shot!

87s are big on the kewl factor and style points, but it is easy to crash and burn if you do not practice.

I wish we could get the mods to resurrect the old LASSOOS thread and open that up again.

Archived