SASS Wire Forum

Godsidences

So, I'm sitting in my truck smoking my pipe and listening to the radio this morning, and I land on a station with a church service. The preacher was preaching from the book of Joshua with references to Esther. So I go to church, and the preacher is preaching from Joshua chapter 10 with references to Esther. I guess I have some reading and pondering to do.

Sus amigo,

JHC

Book of Esther is a good read to contemplate on for sure! You also brought back many good memories of me smoking my pipe in my truck. I finally gave it up after 50 years  but miss my Escudo tobacco to this day.:(

25 minutes ago, Highwall said:

Book of Esther is a good read to contemplate on for sure! You also brought back many good memories of me smoking my pipe in my truck. I finally gave it up after 50 years  but miss my Escudo tobacco to this day.:(

Good to hear you gave it up. I quit dipping snuff some 25 years ago, and still have dreams of buying and dipping snuff.

Regards,

JHC

4 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Good to hear you gave it up. I quit dipping snuff some 25 years ago, and still have dreams of buying and dipping snuff.

Regards,

JHC

Yes I sold all of my pipe collection of pipes except for early ones from the 70's.  The lord has his way!

I quit, finally, for the last time, 44 years ago, when my wife became pregnant.

That's when I started to put on weight, because everything started to taste so good!

That said, I missed my pipes and cigars for 10 years before I threw out my pipes and other smoking paraphernalia.

When I was in college, I jumped around from church to church a lot.  I often noticed that the preachers seemed to be preaching from the same book /  on the same topics.  I asked one of all the preachers in the area got together and laid out a lesson plan, but they claimed they didn't.  He said he preached what the spirit told him to preach.  I figure it meant that either God really wanted to get this point across to the community, or He REALLY REALLY wanted to hammer this point home to me. 

Speaking of Godcosidences My dad moved our family from Chicago to Kansas in the 60's to farm. Turns out after me searching our family ancestry my great, great grandparents lived just 15 miles from where I live back in 1871. In fact I found my great great grandmother's grave not far from my home!     

11 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

When I was in college, I jumped around from church to church a lot.  I often noticed that the preachers seemed to be preaching from the same book /  on the same topics.  I asked one of all the preachers in the area got together and laid out a lesson plan, but they claimed they didn't.  He said he preached what the spirit told him to preach.  I figure it meant that either God really wanted to get this point across to the community, or He REALLY REALLY wanted to hammer this point home to me. 

Lots and lots of churches have used lectionaries, and it is common for there to be widespread use of the same gospel passage on particular dates.

On 2/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, Ramblin Gambler said:

Likely?   He was lying to you:....baldfaced and flat out.   

CB

Archived