SASS Wire Forum

Not wanting to annoy Pat, part deux

Alpo

I noticed one time that none of the photographs of my mother showed her teeth. No "big smile". Her lips were curved in a smile, but her teeth were never exposed.

I asked about this.

She said that a photographer had told her, years back, that the "big smile" actually made your face look unnatural. It did not look like you.

A5E85C5A-A73C-4BFA-AD54-DC29AFFB82C2.thumb.jpeg.13c4726e50a2b9382fbe6820a92df492.jpeg.e697363339f4331785a1f97fc157dc7c.jpeg

The dark haired girl's face is out of shape because of the "big smile".

The little boy in front of her, with a little smile, looks natural.

Your smile is your smile period! Some people have big toothy smiles and some don't. Both are natural to their particular mouths. The photographer that told your mom that was an idiot!:o

I love the guy looking up the statues dress though!! :lol:

Yeah, I disagree.  The photographer had an odd perspective, to say the least.

Cat Brules

This is one of those discussions were everyone is right and everyone is wrong.  We, I think, have all seen the family photo - studio, reunion, family vacation, wedding, whatever - of a lineup of people with what are easily discerned as fake "Smile for the camera!" grins pasted on.  We have also all seen people with toothy grins that look perfectly natural.  

My first thought I thought he was looking down. Had his back to us. Was peeing on the statue.

Then I realized his feet were on wrong, so that "back" had to be his front, so he was leaning way back looking up. Ah. Pervert.

The smile thing ~ reckon it depends on how much dental work you might be needin'....   :rolleyes:

Archived