SASS Wire Forum

Wrecked eggs??

Alpo

Frying and flipping eggs is easy.  I have to watch them! however, because (for me) it is sooo easy to overcook eggs in a frying pan.

Cat Brules

11 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I'm down frying 3 each morning for breakfast 6 days a week.  Sunday we have biscuit and gravy.   The only way to cook then is in a well seasoned iron skillet.   I cook in lard - yes, pork fat.  Wait until the bottom layor of white turns white and top is steal clear, then flip. Turn off heat and let them finish cooking.   A little poke beside the yoke will tell you if can whire is done. 

I use a pan with rounded/concave edges and bacon grease. Cook them the same way as you do. When they reach the point where you can move the pan and the eggs move within the pan, I flip them by moving the pan forward and then backward quickly. Eggs flip over and continue the cooking. I like mine still sort of runny, Kind of an over easy easy. I put the grits right on top of the eggs and mix them up.....now I'm getting hungry again but Daytona is getting ready to start after a rain delay and President Trump command to start engines and Presidental motorcade pace lap.

9 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Tried to boil them in the microwave. About half of them exploded

Poke holes in the yolk with a fork to keep them from exploding.

7 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Poke holes in the yolk with a fork to keep them from exploding.

I understand the physics of it, but that's gonna be another melluvahess if you stick a fork in a whole egg. :(

JHC

17 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Nuh-uh

Not trying to pick a fight, but how you stick a fork in a whole raw egg w/o tearing things up? I might could see a 2 inch 25 ga. hypo if you have one handy, but don't think they make them that long.

Su Amigo,

JHC

Archived