SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Way

Subdeacon Joe

She's not the SASS#4 that we have polluted the air together with black powder.  :D

I remember a match in Canada that used a small room as a jail cell with a victim. Tex and I nearly asphyxiated the RO because the BP smoke was trapped inside!!!  :P

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I reported robinhooly's post as Spam. LOL he/she is using SASS #4.

Some years back we had a troll. In his post he said that he was SASS #1.

Somebody (obviously more naive than me - I was thinking, "yeah, right") responded, asking, "Are you the Judge?"

For the next three or four of his posts he said that he was SASS #1, The Judge.

He finally got booted.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:38 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

FB_IMG_1581712538962.jpg

That could be cover art for one of Eric Flint's 1632 series novels. 

Looks like something Harry Leferts would be involved with before he grew up and settled down some.

Imagine a small town in WV in the year 2000 getting scooped up and dropped into the middle of Germany during the The 30 Years War. 

Just now, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

That could be cover art for one of Eric Flint's 1632 series novels. 

Looks like something Harry Leferts would be involved with before he grew up and settled down some.

Imagine a small town in WV in the uear 2000 getting scooped up and dropped into the middle of Germany during the The 30 Years War. 

Great little series, isn't it?  A fun way of getting some real history across without pounding it in.  Of course, knowing what is and what isn't actual history in that series can be interesting.  
I take it you would be one of "Harry's guys."

I do enjoy the way the authors take history and give it just enough of a twist to make it fit into the alternative history of the storyline.  The way they work historical figures in is hilarious sometimes.  The introduction and continued exploits of a young Blaise Pascal or the way they have developed Princess Kristina of Sweden, for example.

And, yes, I can see Harry's Wrecking Crew and I getting along quite well.

Archived