SASS Wire Forum

100 years earlier

Highwall

Ever consider what your profession would have been if you were born 100 years before your birthday? For me it would have been 1851 so I would have thankfully been too young for the Civil War or it probably would have ended there. Considering my retail career in today's world and organizational skills I imagine I would have been a shop keeper in a dry goods store in some small town in Kansas.

I think it would have been rewarding to have been a train engineer back then. That would be my first choice but not realistic to my actual occupation. 

1849 - another (young) civil war casualty.

Likely a military officer, a banker, business owner, or even a railroad executive, all of which probably would have taken me West.  Who knows how we’d be influenced by situations, educational and other opportunities and surroundings?  It would be fascinating to travel back to those times!

Cat Brules.

1851 Lawman out West just like the family tree has always been. Guess they would not have been hand-me-down guns. I would have had them as original's. That might have been cool. But would rather been born 1951

I would have been born in 1847, I would have been 13 or 14 when the Civil War started. My family is all from Italy (except my mom) so who knows? Probably a farmer.

Probably a Trooper standing watch on some stupid piece of scrub in the territories, complaining about how heavy my carbine is an wondering what my life would be like if I was born a hundred years from now.

1854, coffin builder or outlaw ( coffin filler).

Half of my family were investment bankers and the others were ranchers. As many on the wire know, the investment banking side invested in the West. I guess that's  why I was both before retirement.  :)

Probably Dead ,,,,, My appendix Burst when I was 8 ,,, Great care in a 1960s hospital in Denmark saved my life .... Moved Back to Canada in 1967......

Barring that happening I would likely have followed along Family lines ,,, Lawman , Military Officer, Buffalo Hunter or Rancher ...

My dad's Father did the First three,,, adding Circus Strongman as well ...

My mom's Dad was mostly a Rancher ,,, though in latter years he added a Trash ( city garbage collection ) Collection Business to his resume ....

Jabez Cowboy

1842. Probably an Army officer had I survived a case of scarlet fever at age five, when there were no antibiotics.  As it was, a hundred years later, the military hadn't released any penicillin to the civilian population except for sulfa!  Had I survived the CW and had the funds to attend college, I probably would have become some type of engineer, possibly building railroad equipment including locomotives.

3 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

OUTLAW 

Interesting! So if your profession would be outlaw 100 years ago what would it be today?:unsure: :rolleyes:

44 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Is that according to your inlaws? :o

good stuff here.:D

Archived