SASS Wire Forum

Yul Lose

A few months ago I posted about my visit to the DMV to get the new “Real ID” and here’s an update. I did my DMV visit on January 16, 2020 and received my new license last week. Today I received my ballot for the March 3rd primary and my ballot did not have the republican candidate on it, only the Independent party candidates. I’m a registered republican, at least I was until the 16th of January according to another mailed postcard that I received today also that has me down as an American Independent. I never changed my party affiliation when I got my real ID so I wonder how my voter registration got changed. I called the registrar of voters and went on line and changed it back but I wonder how many more people had this done to them? The primary in Kalifornia is closed to other parties so if republican is you registered party that’s your only choices on the ballot for president, the same for democrats and independents.

1E7F0898-0625-431F-94FA-09E919BC51F0.jpeg

That happen to me when I lived in California Yul, I called the register and raise hell with them

My understanding has always been one can only vote in a primary for which they have declared an affiliation.  As I recall, a very few states allow independents to vote in a primary, but usually not. Since there isn't any Republican primary in CA, it makes sense (to me) that the POTUS is your only choice.

Or are you saying that the Republican nominee will be your only choice in November?

39 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

My understanding has always been one can only vote in a primary for which they have declared an affiliation.  As I recall, a very few states allow independents to vote in a primary, but usually not. Since there isn't any Republican primary in CA, it makes sense (to me) that the POTUS is your only choice.

Or are you saying that the Republican nominee will be your only choice in November?

Here’s how it works. Still doesn’t explain how my party affiliation got changed on January 16.

California voters who are unaffiliated with a political party will be able to participate in the Democratic presidential primary next year, but they will be prohibited from casting ballots for President Trump or any possible Republican challenger, according to information released Monday by state elections officials.

Those rules are made by the individual political parties, not the state. And while the split decision by Democrats and Republicans isn’t new — the same conclusion was reached in elections past — it’s a reminder of the somewhat confusing rules that cover primaries in the nation’s largest voting state.

“As we enter the fifth election cycle under the ‘top-two primary’ system, California voters have become increasingly accustomed to voting for the candidates of their choice regardless of political party preference,” said Secretary of State Alex Padilla in a written statement. “The presidential primary, however, remains the exception.”

Because presidential primaries determine each officially recognized party’s national nominee, party leaders get to determine who is and isn’t eligible to participate. Primary elections for Congress and the Legislature, on the other hand, are subject to California’s top-two primary rules enacted nine years ago, allowing a voter to cast a ballot for any candidate. In those contests, the names of all candidates are printed on every primary ballot and only the two candidates receiving the most votes move on to the November election.

Call the DMV Manager and report this. 
This is fraud and DMV clerks pull this $&@# all the time. They “click a wrong button” but this is done on purpose by leftist wheenies in bureaucratic positions. This nearly happened to me when I moved back to California and it happened twice in Oregon. 
The girl at the CA DMV actually said aloud “You wish to register as a Republican?”

I said “”Yes”.

She said “You’re all set is there anything else before I hit send?”

I said “Yes, swing the screen around and show me my info.”

And right there big as you please was my party selection as “Independent”!

I told her to fix it. She blushed, apologized and redid the selection and hit “send” as I watched. 

I reported her to the DMV Manager before I left. I was told this was going to be a disciplinary action. I have no idea what happened after that. 

The reason they mark you “Independent” is so you can’t vote for your party but you also can’t vote in their’s and screw things up for their side. 

Report their @&$es.

Here’s my choices for President in the primary.

422EBE28-9CB6-4FA1-BB7A-19CB2513193D.jpeg

51 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It'll be my only choice come November.

Yul, sounds like they did it on purpose. I'd do as Pat suggested.

Just received my primary card in the mail today, Republican of course. It's 17" long with four names on it.....

Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente

Donald J. Trump

Joe Walsh

Bill Weld.

Always wondered what Joe was doing these days since the Eagles.

6 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Here’s my choices for President in the primary.

422EBE28-9CB6-4FA1-BB7A-19CB2513193D.jpeg

Now that shows me that the ballots are NOT the same throughout the land as they should be. That's bullsh%$. Phil Collins on yours and Joe Walsh on mine?:angry:

22 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

It'll be my only choice come November.

Yul, sounds like they did it on purpose. I'd do as Pat suggested.

Just received my primary card in the mail today, Republican of course. It's 17" long with four names on it.....

Roque "Rocky" De La Fuente

Donald J. Trump

Joe Walsh

Bill Weld.

Always wondered what Joe was doing these days since the Eagles.

20 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Now that shows me that the ballots are NOT the same throughout the land as they should be. That's bullsh%$. Phil Collins on yours and Joe Walsh on mine?:angry:

Yep, kinda strange, ain’t it?

1 minute ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Why no DJT?

They changed my party affiliation at DMV so he won’t show up on my ballot because it’s a closed presidential primary.

2 minutes ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Can you write it in?

Nope. No write ins accepted according to the registrar of voters and the Republican Party. I’m supposed to be getting a new ballot.

Joe Walsh and Phil Collins!!

We only need two or three more!!

Cat Brules

I went through the same thing back in November. Don't remember exactly why, but I discovered I had been changed to independent. Might have been back in 2011 when I got my commercial license.

I wish I had a picture of my ballot, because I had at least 6 names for President, Bill Weld from MA was one, and including Donald J. Trump.

I believe the federal government should ignore all presidential ballots from this misbegotten political cesspool. 

It goes beyond presidential primaries. 

In case you haven’t noticed, the left has made a push to gain sway at the state and local levels. (Virginia, anyone?) Depending on the state, a Republican voter who was switched to independent is likely to be prevented from casting a primary ballot for a republican candidate.

Archived