SASS Wire Forum

I'm back...

Shotgun Willie Nelson

Greetings all!

Did y'all miss me?

I took a new job back t the end of November with a strong almost impenetrable Big Brother Firewall

Finally figured that one out.

That and the fact that about in September, I noticed, I was not feeling real well. Had a hard time swallowing food and was living on Gavescon for indigestion.

Then it got to the point that I couldn't  dry off out of the shower, put on my boots or walk from the front door to to my vehicle without being out of breath.

I had surgery back about 12 years ago for a hietal hernia, and thought it was back stronger than before.

Went to the Doctor that performed the surgery the first time and he held his hands up and said, "You need to leave my office right now and either go see a cardiologist or else get to the emergency room."

Well, that made me feel much better.

Went to the  ER and  complained I couldn't breathe. The first thing they did was an EKG. Result = nothing wrong with my heart.

Then they took some blood. My hemoglobin count came back at 4.7. The normal for a male is 12-14.

I didn't have enough to pump oxygen through my body, so my bod was oxygen depleted.

Low iron indicated I was an anemic. Never suffered from anemia before so that was all new to me.

Got a 3 pint blood transfusion which brought my hemoglobin count up to 7.5, still low but high enough to get me out of the hospital.

Doctor gave me a prescription for iron tablets and after 3 weeks my count was up to 9.7.

heading in the right direction and I'm hopeful, I'll reach that 12 range in the next 3 weeks.

Anyway, after getting my oil changed, I feel much better and even went out shooting last weekend.

Talk soon - SWN :D

@Shotgun Willie Nelson

Image result for welcome back gif

5a9422db5fd2f_FKCGG-Sheriff.JPG.d2addc6a4dc4b223b88c135a7469301e.JPG

Holy bat$#:£, Batman!!  WHAT did the medicos say CAUSED this depleted hemoglobin condition?  That’s bizarre!  I never heard of this condition.  

Welcome Back, SG Willie!  You almost didn’t make it back.

Cat Brules

13 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

WHAT did the medicos say CAUSED this depleted hemoglobin condition?  That’s bizarre!  I never heard of this condition.  

They said it's usually caused from blood loss. They did tests to check to see if I was bleeding internally, but those all came up negative.

They then said that if my count didn't start going back up, I'd have to go see a  hematologist and have more test ran. 

One doctor just attributed it to Celiac Disease, not allowing my intestines to properly absorb iron and  other nutrients.

Changed my diet to stricter Gluten Free and added mucho probiotics. So now all is better.

15 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

And here I thought it was a Parole restriction. 

Well, in a way it was...:D

54 minutes ago, Shotgun Willie Nelson said:

They said it's usually caused from blood loss. They did tests to check to see if I was bleeding internally, but those all came up negative.

They then said that if my count didn't start going back up, I'd have to go see a  hematologist and have more test ran. 

One doctor just attributed it to Celiac Disease, not allowing my intestines to properly absorb iron and  other nutrients.

Changed my diet to stricter Gluten Free and added mucho probiotics. So now all is better.

Sounds boring.  Better than dead, though.  Glad you're up and around.

Oh Willie, that sounds awful! I'm glad you are on the mend.

Hubby is allergic to gluten too, although he doesn't have celiac. He gets blisters and had a severe B12 deficiency.

It is really not that hard to deal with. Following are some tips.

There are some good pastas out there. Trader Joe's has the cheapest; but they only have spaghetti, rotelli, and penne. I go to Whole Foods for lasagna.

If you miss bread, Shar has some French bread and chabatta rolls.

I buy Freshetta pepperoni GF pizza. It is edible with added Salami and Mozzarella. Some chains even have GF on the menu.

Best wishes for a swift recovery and maintaining a GF diet.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Sounds boring.  Better than dead, though.

yep , it is boring, most GF stuff tastes like paper machet

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I buy Freshetta pepperoni GF pizza. It is edible with added Salami and Mozzarella. Some chains even have GF on the menu.

Best wishes for a swift recovery and maintaining a GF diet.

Thanx Ms Allie!

Yeah, I wind up eating a lot of Freshetta  GF pizza, myself. What aggravates me about is my local store doesn't stock enough GF items. That that they do is usually picked over or gone by the time I get around to getting to the store. There is a whole Food not too far from home, I might have to see what they have. My wife blames any way I feel on something I ate that disagrees with me. So my running joke with her is, "I've got an ingrown toe nail...must of been something I ate."

It does feel good to feel good.

Whole Foods has many GF items.  However, IIRC a 12 oz bag of something like rotelle is $4+ at WF, where it is $2 at Trader Joes.

You can get GF items at Safeway, including the Shar bread. Hubby likes to make grilled cheese sandwiches with the Shar French bread.

Archived