SASS Wire Forum

Smart phone timer app

Grayrock, SASS #64093

Who would want to speak to someone who timed their calls with an audible beep, then hurry to hang up on them?

Cat Brules

I have "Split shot", but haven't used it yet in real gun fire. Just found it in the Google "play Store" for free. There were others available as well.

10 minutes ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

I've used the dry fire app.  Not bad for that, don't know about live fire

Which "dry fire" app is that, Joe?  I'd be interested in that one.

I've been using one called IPSC Shot Timer (Android) for quite a while now and I think it is a great tool (probably all are similar).  

I have a regular Pocket Pro II and it's a great timer etc ... but ... I prefer the Android guy for home dry fire practice.

.... because ...

You can adjust the sensitivity to pick up the clicks from a revolver or shotgun ... (sit it on a solid surface when you are using it for this purpose). 

When you get it right you can see most splits .. and easily see the time between revolver strings and reload time on a sxs (dryfire).

It really helped me see the big gap (time) I was losing when reloading the shotgun ... (something I used to only be able to see by practicing "at the range" w/  a real timer and live ammo).

I use on called splits. It works for me. You have to adjust the sensitivity for shooting indoors or undercover so it don't pick up the echo. It works for dry fire also but there can't be any background noise for that. It records splits and all kinds of other stuff that I don't understand lol

Archived