SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Rig for Wider Fella

Hi there,

I'm new to the scene (first post :) ) and I am in need of a rig for my ruger vaqueros (4.5 inch barrels & 45LC). If anyone out there would have an old one they are willing to sell it would be much appreciated. I am trying to spend under 200 if possible. I was given some old holsters to get me started so if someone had just a belt that they could part with I would be interested in that as well. My pants size is a 44 so I suposed something in the neighborhood of a 50" rig would fit me fine.

Thanks a bunch!

Dawson City Drifter,

Go to the search button at the top of the thread and search for J.J. Longley and you will see a "Hand Carved Buscadero B Western Rig for sale. It is approximately 48" to the center of 5 holes in the belt. I would entertain any reasonable offer. If you can't find it email me at lupij@wowway.com for pics.

Thanks for looking

JJ

Are you looking for a Cross-Draw Rig?  (In which case, you'll need to specify if you are right or left handed)  Or a double-strong side rig?

I have a brown one piece belt with 20 44/45 bullet loop,s  49" to the middle hole, that should work for you.  It is not lined on the back but made from thick leather. 65.00 plus shipping

13 hours ago, J. J. Longley, SASS #38655 said:

Dawson City Drifter,

Go to the search button at the top of the thread and search for J.J. Longley and you will see a "Hand Carved Buscadero B Western Rig for sale. It is approximately 48" to the center of 5 holes in the belt. I would entertain any reasonable offer. If you can't find it email me at lupij@wowway.com for pics.

Thanks for looking

JJ

WOW JJ that is a beautiful rig! Verry impressive that you put that together yourself. I think I am looking or something a little more bland to get my feet wet. Once I figure out how to actually shoot I will start looking for the glitz haha.

10 hours ago, McCandless said:

Are you looking for a Cross-Draw Rig?  (In which case, you'll need to specify if you are right or left handed)  Or a double-strong side rig?

Right now I have two old double strong side holsters that I was given (but no belt as the gentelman that is helping get me started is a normal size). If I was able to find a rig that fit I guess I wouldnt be opposed to either a cross draw (RH) or a double strong side holster. Seeing as I'm new I dont really have a prefrence. 

Thanks!

25 loops, holes from 45-54 inches. I used it for a little less than a year, and I shrunk. Had to make a new one. It’s mostly been used with brass hulls which are slightly bigger than the plastic ones. If interested I can probably shrink the loops down a bit to fit the plastic ones better.   I’d go $75 shipped. 

4777F45E-DEA1-480F-A3B7-E129C4768FC5.jpeg

2023CC9B-0EE0-4F48-8519-7E59D8A5FAE0.jpeg

B0FF1CF8-6282-4F3F-8775-8071EF6AACB9.jpeg

Can't help you with a rig, but---"Welcome" to the best game and folks goin Dawson.

5a2a989e95497_SASSWelcome.JPG.ed5045d9abb98d8837093843c187d2e5.JPG

Archived