SASS Wire Forum

My new gun rig!

Colt Faro, SASS #54579

3 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Absolutely beautiful. That has to be the best looking rig I’ve ever seen and perfectly functional on top of that. I would have guessed at least twice the amount of hours to build considering all the leather tooling and spot layout. Great job!

I appreciate that very much. Thank you! 
I try to be fast so I don’t get bored. That’s why I don’t carve leather.  

3 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Hi Colt,

That rig you built is beautiful, talented work.  There is a lot of knowledgeable, precise work there, involving carving, tooling, stitching, and setting of those beautiful conchos and spots.  That, along with knowing how to use and place internal steel and Kydex supports.  Very, very nice!  Anyone would like to have something that nice.

The only “must have” addition I can see (for me) would be hammer retention thongs to prevent the guns from accidental falling out while handling or unusual moving about.

Will you message me with your phone number and email address?

Regards,

Cat Brules

they do have hammer thongs on them actually. I have them tucked behind for the pictures I took. 

2 hours ago, Griff said:

Certainly qualifies for B-Western!  Can't believe that you only took that amount of time... either I'm terrible, or you're terribly talented... ;) probably both!!!

Actually this one isn’t B western compliant however I have recently built a Matt Black World Champion rig for Slick McClade that is. It’s called the Copper King. 

0B6D5C61-9947-4BA3-86B1-9397FE4E22A3.jpeg

This is one I built last week that will be at Winter Range. This one is B Western compliant. You will see multi time World Champion B Western Slick McClade using it. It’s called The Copper King and the base of it is the Matt Black World Champion design dropped so it is B Western compliant. This was a fun build! It has a real hammered copper metal inlay, engraved antique copper spots, holster bands and antique copper conchos. 

8DDC033F-781D-4B05-8146-7D5F51540909.jpeg

6AA91BAF-91E6-4646-977D-3588E221C72C.jpeg

C3ECE601-649E-476A-BE11-E73B644EFFE8.jpeg

3 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

Yes I will be there! I live 10 minutes from the range in Arcadia. 

Great see you there!   Beautiful work Colt, outstanding!   SCJ

Superb Colt...not sure I have recognized any less thru the years of seeing holsters you have done.  So many improvements over last 20 years but even 20 years ago you made a rig a world class shooter would like.  Hmmmm, to think, it happened to a fine young man who happens to be "the best CAS in the world" and several more in that "upper crust". 

You know how I like spots and tooling so especially fond of your work.  I really like the two tone of first rig shown and the "beefed up" lip overlay.  I,  personally favor the drop and cant on Slick's for my style of shooting.   The idea of inserts has so many advantages in grip and less worry of loss of conformity in storing and travel. 

Besides the uniqueness in function, for some of us, cosmetics do mean something....may not make us shoot any better but sure makes us look good in trying. 

All just outstanding, congratulations on two more masterpieces  . 

2 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Superb Colt...not sure I have recognized any less thru the years of seeing holsters you have done.  So many improvements over last 20 years but even 20 years ago you made a rig a world class shooter would like.  Hmmmm, to think, it happened to a fine young man who happens to be "the best CAS in the world" and several more in that "upper crust". 

You know how I like spots and tooling so especially fond of your work.  I really like the two tone of first rig shown and the "beefed up" lip overlay.  I,  personally favor the drop and cant on Slick's for my style of shooting.   The idea of inserts has so many advantages in grip and less worry of loss of conformity in storing and travel. 

Besides the uniqueness in function, for some of us, cosmetics do mean something....may not make us shoot any better but sure makes us look good in trying. 

All just outstanding, congratulations on two more masterpieces  . 

That’s a huge compliment my friend. I humbly say thank you very much! The first rig is somewhat of an esthetic departure of what I’ve done in the past but I really like it! One more interesting fact is the two tone holster is the same with exception of the drop to be B Western Compliant. The cant is the same actually. I also have a pattern that I’ve created that has a 1 inch drop that makes fall between the original Matt Black design and the B Western compliant rig. A little something for everyone! The ideas for new builds are filling my head at a rate that is staggering. The things I have in store for the future are really going to be incredible! One of the designs that I did recently with Deuce Stevens is way outside the box! It’s a binary rig called the “We The People” rig. It’s binary in that it allows the shooter to use the holster either double strong side or cross draw. In fact you are able to draw your left gun or right for that matter cross draw and reholster strong side. I’m telling you it’s a game changer! 
All of that said thank you again for the kind words and stay tuned for some really cool stuff coming out in the very near future! 
God bless my friend and we will see you down the trail. 

3 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

That’s a huge compliment my friend. I humbly say thank you very much! The first rig is somewhat of an esthetic departure of what I’ve done in the past but I really like it! One more interesting fact is the two tone holster is the same with exception of the drop to be B Western Compliant. The cant is the same actually. I also have a pattern that I’ve created that has a 1 inch drop that makes fall between the original Matt Black design and the B Western compliant rig. A little something for everyone! The ideas for new builds are filling my head at a rate that is staggering. The things I have in store for the future are really going to be incredible! One of the designs that I did recently with Deuce Stevens is way outside the box! It’s a binary rig called the “We The People” rig. It’s binary in that it allows the shooter to use the holster either double strong side or cross draw. In fact you are able to draw your left gun or right for that matter cross draw and reholster strong side. I’m telling you it’s a game changer! 
All of that said thank you again for the kind words and stay tuned for some really cool stuff coming out in the very near future! 
God bless my friend and we will see you down the trail. 

Very interesting. I look forward to taking a first hand look at these rigs soon.  Hope to see you both at WR.

On 2/13/2020 at 8:27 AM, Deuce Stevens SASS#55996 said:

Don’t post much anymore but will to brag on a friend. As far as retention goes a competitive holster would be no good if it didn’t retain the gun through a full course of movement. Colt’s rigs do that. Having more gun exposed is very common in todays leather and has been for sometime. Beautiful rig!!

Guns come out easily on the draw & hit home on the reholster and stay put on the move. 

Archived