SASS Wire Forum

Tombstone Leather

El Hombre Sin Nombre

Howdy all. Awhile back I asked the forum for recommendations for a really nice man with no name rig. I diligently checked out all the recommendations and ended up going with Tombstone Leather out of southern California. I was so impressed with the product and with Nick (I’d already had a Tupelo bandoleer) that when it came time to order up holsters for my son I called up Nick again. Nick, being the consummate gentleman, took my order, upgraded to steel lining and added conchos for free since it was for a kid. He also pushed my son to the front of the line because youth is where are future is. I think total time from order to delivery was about 3 weeks. To say I am impressed is a serious understatement. He went well above what anyone could reasonably expect in both service and quality. Heck I’m tempted to steal them for myself haha. When it comes to my purchases, my philosophy has always been you take care of me and I’ll be a return customer. You take care of my kids and you’ve earned my lifetime loyalty. Anyway, here is the rig. Nick just did the holsters, as I had a belt that fits and didn’t want to order a new one yet while he’s still growing a lot. But when time comes I’ll be ordering up a belt as well. Guns are colt frontier scout 22’s

316FBAC1-6A34-4708-BC4B-F1233C23A1E5.jpeg

C0E60314-D290-4977-BF98-9E4C6F1CD6EE.jpeg

1B8C4CAA-8E7D-47F5-AC88-A62A27439F07.jpeg

17FD636C-98B4-4713-9D39-BF8BEE574C8D.jpeg

16 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Nick makes the best.

He will also do custom work.

OLG 

He sure does. On both accounts. Mine is a custom job he did for me, designed to be worn with two belts crossing so it has to hang a little differently. Nick is truly a cool guy to talk to as well. I hope I get a chance to meet him in person

59 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Nick is a 5th generation leather maker.

He also has a background in tool and die work.

He makes the tools he uses.

OLG 

I didn't know that, but his quality of work certainly speaks of such. Thanks for the info, and being one of the folks that first recommended him. The other was our good friend Phantom. Turns out not everyone hates that guy haha

20 minutes ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I didn't know that, but his quality of work certainly speaks of such. Thanks for the info, and being one of the folks that first recommended him. The other was our good friend Phantom. Turns out not everyone hates that guy haha

The Phantom is a good guy:excl: We shot many matches together at Cajon and Double RR Bar, he's an outstanding posse leader.

He was the one who told me about Nick and his work. ;)

I've been using his gear for 16+ yrs now.

OLG 

I also have a rig from Nick and agree with all of your statements. He is a vendor at Winter Range so get to chat with him a bit every year.

Four years ago, Nick made my wife's custom rig for . 32H&R.   She loves it.  He added a lot of extra carving and artwork, just because he knew she would appreciate it.  He is both a super leather artist and a square shooter.  He knows CAS firearms inside and out and a custom fit is exactly that.  If you haven't taken him up on his regular offer to visit his shop and see how they're made, be sure to do so.   A great gentleman and CAS supporter. 

Nick makes his own conchos also. If you ever get down this way you owe it to yourself to visit his shop. He’s a big supporter of SASS shooters and he’ll usually have a table or booth at larger matches. If you’re coming to California State in April Nick will probably be there. If you ever get a chance to camp with him he is one heck of a good cook also.

Yep he's making my new rig also. Will get it from him at Winter Range.

Yeeeeh, Haw!  I will take some photos and post them.

I might add that my rig is a surprise by  Sly Puppy my fantastic wife.

Jackrabbit

17 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Glad ya like his work...I never had any doubt that you would.

Nick is an outstanding person!

Phantom

I definitely owe you one partner. Or a few anyway 

49 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

That's fine...first whiskey is on you...then I'm buying!

;)

That all depends. Do you spring for the good stuff or saddle me with the cheap swill? 

Hi Nick,

if you will PM your phone number to me, I would like to talk to you.  I have something in mind I’d like to discuss

Thanks,

Cat Brules

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

That all depends. Do you spring for the good stuff or saddle me with the cheap swill? 

Cheap all the way...so that first drink better be real big so as to dim our senses.

11 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Hi Nick,

if you will PM your phone number to me, I would like to talk to you.  I have something in mind I’d like to discuss

Thanks,

Cat Brules

Here ya go.

Knights leather products
7868 Silverton Ave Suite # E San Diego,CA 92126
Phone : 858-695-8100
Fax: 858-695-8184

You may email us:
sales@knightsleatherproducts.com  

Very nice work on those holsters! Glad to see another young-un getting into the sport, bet he had a smile when you buckled those beauty’s on his hips!  SCJ

Nick is tops! Last year at WR he spent 2 hours custom fitting my rig, getting the hang of the holsters just right. I had several custom requests, it took awhile but it was worth the wait.  The best Buscadero rig, Bar None!

• 2 months later...

Is there any info out there on Tombstone Leather in San Diego?

I've previously bought several holsters from Nick Asadi, all first rate excellent work.

At Winter Range I ordered/paid for another set and to date it's not arrived.

Called the shop in San Diego, Calif., and the phone rings & rings, but no answer and no voice mail.

Is he alright, is he still in business?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thx

30 minutes ago, Nevada Jim said:

Is there any info out there on Tombstone Leather in San Diego?

I've previously bought several holsters from Nick Asadi, all first rate excellent work.

At Winter Range I ordered/paid for another set and to date it's not arrived.

Called the shop in San Diego, Calif., and the phone rings & rings, but no answer and no voice mail.

Is he alright, is he still in business?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thx

Yo Jim  try these numbers both (858) 695-8100 & the other (858) 271-8123.

Archived