SASS Wire Forum

FSSOLD

As the title says these ARE consecutive in 45 Colt, 4.75" bbls with genuine ivory stocks as well as the hard rubber stocks.

These are 1984 manufacture , when SAA's were a regular production item. These however went thru the custom shop and

boxes are so marked. they were from a custom order of 6 SAA's  !!  Dealer bought all 6 from the estate and I managed to

get 2 when he split them up. These are NIB with all paperwork (paperwork was never opened ).

Asking $5400  NOW $5000  for the pair.  If it seems high take into consideration Firstly they are a consecutive pair,

Secondly  figure the cost of ivory and then the fitting!! These are special in that they have blind escutcheons, meaning screw

is only visible from one side!

NO sales to CA, NY, NJ or HI, sorry.

If you have any questions or comments PLEASE IM me for a response.

Do you have a “ticket” or cert. of legitimacy for the ivory?

Cat Brules

As stated all questions should be in an IM, are you interested in purchasing or stirring the pot?

To clarify there is an ESA exemption on elephant ivory if it's part of something such as grips or knife handles. They just have to be under 7oz. and attached to the pistol. 

All things considered that is a fair price if not a little underpriced with the real ivory. They have the most desired barrel length in the most desirable caliber, with factory ivory. I think you could easily get that on Gunbroker or on the Colt forums.

LAST CHANCE!! —- NO IM’ing for this!

Yes or No?!

Do you have the ivory certification or not!

Cat Brules

No as none is needed as grips are exempted from the ESA requirements as are knife grips as are piano keys....... any Ivory made to be a part of somethings as in grips, keys etc under 7 oz are exempt I  alsoverified this with the dealer I bought the from this afternoon .

However no sales to CA, NY,NJ and HI as they have their own restrictions.

Archived