SASS Wire Forum

Winter Range Shooter Gifts

Several years ago it became apparent that with shooter numbers pushing 800 trying to get vendors and sponsors to donate 800 prizes was impractical.  So Winter Range (WR) decided to purchase gifts for the shooters.  Over the last few years if you attended one or more WR's you will have collected a lot of shooter equipment.  Going through my closet I came up with the following:

A rifle case

A shotgun case

A pair of pistol rugs

A pair of dust covers

A shooter bag

A drink cooler

A brass bag, and

A tool kit

These gifts are purchased and not donated and in some years, if a pair of an item is given out, 1600 purchased.  I wonder what WR will give out this year?

DSC_0152.jpeg

" I wonder what WR will give out this year?"

I think Sassy and I will just drive the 1100 miles (one way) to find out.  Look forward to it.....and, thanks to AZ Territorial Company of Rough Riders for gifts and Winter Range, the national Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting/SASS.

C U there.

47 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

I think last years was the best "tool kit" i carry it in my gun cart.

With Sassy shooting also..I got two.  For sure, I would be the one to use both.;)

That big range bag, and  the long gun/ handgun cases, were mighty nice too.

C U soon.

My WR/Ruger range bag got itself dedicated to sporting clays shooting so it could get out of the house a couple times a week!  Excellent quality bag.

Good luck, GJ

The range bag sounds pretty cool.  It’s nice to get something you can really use.

I have a bag that was gifted at a consulting seminar I attended years ago.  It was with me traveling a lot of air miles.  After I retired, it became a travel bag, then a CAS range bag.  Still going strong!

I wish more venues would offer those as an attendee gift.

Cat Brules

Archived