SASS Wire Forum

Ozark Okie

I hope this is the right forum for my inquiry......couldn't seem to find a better fit. 

I'd  like to determine if there are  Cowboy shooters who might be interested in high end fly fishing gear I gathered over 30 years of living and working in the Northeast USA, and fishing for trout and Atlantic Salmon. Some brands that FFers will recognize are Sage,  Orvis, Winston, Thomas and Thomas, Howells, Ross, Streamline, Valentine, Bogdan. With my current location and other circumstances, I'm unlikely to to be using these (except maybe for an occasional trip out West). Selling the gear is OK, but not so easy to do with the type of equipment it is.  Trading might be better, requires the right connections, ......and donations, which I have done to Trout Unlimited. Some may stay in the family, but this isn't really their thing.    

My thing now is Cowboy Action Shooting. Just completing my first year of CAS and looking forward to lots more. I'll never beat the other "Cattle Barons" with whom I shoot, but I can enjoy competing with myself and and pride-of-ownership in the equipment I use. To that end, for example, I'd like to add a high end SKB sxs 12....maybe a 200e with special wood...or a 100 with special wood (special wood is a priority with me....also like the smaller forearm of the 100).

If there happens to be a Cowboy or Cowgirl out there that is interested in high quality fly fishing gear, and/or might have a high end SKB, I'd like to hear from you with comments, suggestions or questions. Detailed discussions would be better by PM, phone or email. Thanks for your consideration.

Ozark Okie (former Fly Flinger) 

PS - forget to mention a pretty extensive library of books.....some out of print, some special editions, trout, salmon, fly tying, upland bird hunting.  

PPS - I am not in a position to provide an extensive inventory of all that I have,  so if you do have questions, the more specific, the better. Thanks again.  

Archived