SASS Wire Forum

John Wayne Quotes. which movie

Marshal Chance Morgun

So, old Joe tells a college student that she's a lying dogface pony soldier, then says he was using a JW quote as joke. I can't see old Joe as a JW fan, but that's another story. I don't recall that quote, so I looked on youtube. Found lots of videos of Joe, but none of JW using that line.

So, what movie is it from?

And

I think it's about time to quote Fletcher from "Josey Wales," when talking to politicians. " Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

I think he's mixing his movies.

The ending statement from Yellow Ribbon:

So here they are: the dog-faced soldiers, the regulars, the fifty-cents-a-day professionals... riding the outposts of a nation. From Fort Reno to Fort Apache - from Sheridan to Startle - they were all the same: men in dirty-shirt blue and only a cold page in the history books to mark their passing. But wherever they rode - and whatever they fought for - that place became the United States

Add to that the War of 1861 movie PONY SOLDIERS.

Can't think where he got them LYING from, though. I can hear in my mind someone saying to another guy (with a laugh in his voice) YOU'RE A LYIN' CUR DOG, but I don't think that was a John Wayne movie.

From Pure Country. Drummer says you're a flat lyin cur dog to George Strait.

Jax T

Let’s be fair about it.  

I think Joe Biden was jokingly speaking to someone he had an earlier conversation with, who (earlier) had characterized her-own-self as a “lier”.  He jokingly said, extrapolating from a made-up “John Wayne” quote, that she was a “a lying dog faced pony soldier”.  he was teasing her!

See Joe Biden’s short comments in the link below, and see the woman laughing with him:

Wonder how many votes Alfred would get, running head-to-head with either Joe or Hillary?  

Alfred’s campaign slogan?

“What?!  Me Worry?!”

Cat Brules

Archived