SASS Wire Forum

End of Trail

fannerfifty 59504

The opportunity to drive 40 miles up there from Albuquerque?

Give the hard-working SASS girls a bad time?

Checking out all the cowboy vendors?

Meet a boatload of new Cowboys and friends?

Meet all the SASS people?

Find a poker game and lose money to El Lazo.

The chance to help the SASS ranch fend off the surly neighbors?

I don’t know.  Give it a shot and find out.

Cat Brules

Mainly, ability to stay on the EOT grounds after 5 PM for the Friday and Saturday evening entertainment and Sunday's awards ceremonies. In fact, I believe officially the public is not allowed on the grounds except on Friday and Saturday until 5 PM, so it enables the guest to be present during all the event.  If they want to see a "special someone" shoot all of their cowboy stages (and all their Wild Bunch stages), being a guest is the cheaper way to accomplish that.  A Conventioneer gets those privileges, plus the ability to shoot on the warm up bay under supervision, and I believe the ability to walk around (empty gun) heeled.

Good luck, GJ

Annual matches are fun.  However, state and regional matches, WR and EOT have more venders, great side matches and international shooters.  Your CAS experience will be enhanced by attending major matches.  

Well, if you want to save $40.00 come out to EOT and work as a Waddie. You’ll be rubbing elbows with all of the shooters and helping SASS pull off another great World Championship. As a Waddie you get to attend all of the after hours events and see it all. I’m not sure what you think $40.00 should get you besides a badge but some of the evening events will be open to you where they’re not open to the general public. 

Generally speaking:

Okay, it’s a gathering of mostly SASS members who go there to compete in the sanctioned, World Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting.  In the process, those people can practice for the competition.

Competitors, Guests and other non-competitors pay an entry fee.

There are also various specialty suppliers of goods and services, some quite unique, there to see and patronize.  They must pay to set up and sell.  Many of these people have a very small presence, mostly on the Internet and you likely won’t see them elsewhere.

There are also some entertainers and food sellers.  SASS has awards ceremonies and other presentations.

As a guest, I don’t believe you “get” anything tangible, as such; perhaps I’m wrong.  It is an event that you pay to attend, as a competitor or guest.

CB

I have been to EOT about 6 years ago,,,,, I have shot Winterrange for a number of years, I just cant get any answers on the changes in costs at eot,,,, does my wife need to be a guest? last time I just got her a name tag and we were good to go.....no real info…..available , camping etc , I know what the match is and don't need the lecture ,, just information 

er 

EOT, being at a private facility, is only open to the public from 8:00 to 5:00 for two days after paying a $5.00 entry fee. As a paying guest, you have access to EOT for all 11 days, including the nighttime activities.

Winter Range, which you have also attended, is held at a public facility, open to the public during normal range hours. A paying guest, for their $10.00 gets a name badge and access to the shooting area and evening activities with the competing spouse. SASS membership is required as is match appropriate attire.

OK, since you asked about camping - its $50 for the week on range with no hookups.  There are commercial campgrounds with full hookups within reasonable driving distance of the range.  I have camped at Hidden Valley and will probably do so again this year.  Your shooter's vehicle pass will get your vehicle and occupants onto the camping area. 

Fun, fellowship, wild and unpredictable weather, great shooting, nice drive! :)

3 hours ago, fannerfifty 59504 said:

I have been to EOT about 6 years ago,,,,, I have shot Winterrange for a number of years, I just cant get any answers on the changes in costs at eot,,,, does my wife need to be a guest? last time I just got her a name tag and we were good to go.....no real info…..available , camping etc , I know what the match is and don't need the lecture ,, just information 

No lecture here.

Just give them a call at Edgewood! They are helpful and have the answers your looking for:)

5 hours ago, fannerfifty 59504 said:

Call SASS and ask them.

6 hours ago, fannerfifty 59504 said:

Well, fannerfifty, you got both, so behave yourself, mind your manners and be polite.

If you can’t do that.....then, be quiet.  

Cat Brules

Archived