SASS Wire Forum

Television In The Bedroom

Yul Lose

Laying in bed last night and looking at the big TV hanging on the wall that we never have watched since it’s been up there I wondered how many other people have one hanging there that never gets watched. When the grandkids were younger they’d go in there and watch kids shows and movies while we grown ups visited out in the living room but those are the only times that I recall the TV being turned on. My wife and I are both pretty avid readers so we read in bed instead of watch TV. How about you folks, do you watch TV in bed?

More me, never. My gal will watch it in the bedroom if I'm watching something else on the main tv. Both have cable, Netflix, Roku and sound bars.

To me, the bedroom is for two things and tv isn't one of them.

3 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

More me, never. My gal will watch it in the bedroom if I'm watching something else on the main tv. Both have cable, Netflix, Roku and sound bars.

To me, the bedroom is for two things and tv isn't one of them.

THIS   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Don't have on in the bedroom.

For years we had a TV in the bedroom. We never watched it. When we left Oregon I gave the bedroom TV to Goodwill. We don't have one in the bedroom now.

I used to. Turn the lights out, turn the TV on, set the sleep function for about 45 minutes. Wake up the next morning to the alarm clock.

Only have one TV now, so I have to fall asleep a different way.

Howdy

A friend is moving. He said his bedroom tv was seldom used.

Years back I watched Letterman in the bedroom.

I have thought about a little one in the bedroom.

Probably not....

Best

CR

On occasion I will watch a movie in the bedroom.  When I'm out of town or working nights, the wife will leave it on QVC for the background noise.  But mostly, it never gets used.  Same thing with the one in my safe room.  I haven't powered it up in at least a year.  

The big TV in the living room is on cable, through a digital box for all the extra packages. Bedroom TV is straight, Basic cable.  If (when) the feed to the fancy digital box goes haywire - it's Mediacom after all - Basic usually stays on, and most of the channels I usually watch are available.  Also, bedroom TV is convenient for Weather Channel in the morning on bad weather days...no "weather APPs" on the flip phone!

CS

Wall mounted TV in the bedroom is primarily used whenever either of us is bed ridden due to an illness.

Off when getting the rest you need and on when still remaining in bed yet not up to reading.

Also is on whenever a particular show is on (except movies) and you are moving from one room to another.

back in the day when I was married .... my then wife had a thing for some stupid tv show. So I bid her good night and went to bed ..... and watch something else that WAS watchable.

Next thing I know, she climbs into bed, grabs the remote and declares "wrong channel"   ........ wasn't the beginning of the end but it certainly was remembered later on ..... :(

I don't do bedroom tv now

Wife and I don’t share the same tastes in much of what we watch!  I’m watching Street Outlaws in the living room and Schoolmarm is watching the big dog show in the bedroom!!  DAMNED convenient!!!

;) B) :lol: :wub:

..on second thought...

who needs a TV when you have a mirror on the ceiling! :P

image.png.1385c8ed99d09315531e3667595c31fa.png

We have a TV in the master bedroom and the wife uses it the same way as she uses the one she has in the kitchen.  Turns it on for background noise and doesn't watch it.  Fun to ask her what she is watching and she doesn't know.

This has been an issue for several years now. And the newer your tv the more features it has that are not for you but third parties.

----------------------------

https://www.zdnet.com/article/how-to-keep-your-smart-tv-from-spying-on-you/

Used one for years in the bedroom with the sleep timer. Retired and didn't use it for months and got used to it. Since then, it was on with sleep timer for a few football games.

No TV in bedroom as I was never a fan and couldn’t sleep when she would watch shows.  

However...in these days of IPads and Iphones I am in bed surfing on these or doing email non stop.  Wife watches movies or surfs web as well.

Last thing I do at night, first thing i do in the morning.  I have a problem with addiction of these devices I believe. 

Archived