SASS Wire Forum

Need Help For Continued Marital Bliss

Yul Lose

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

“Honey, the doctor says this rash...”

”What rash?”

”This rash, it’s hard to see but it’s there and it itches...anyway, the doctor says I am probably allergic to cauliflower.” :rolleyes:

More likely “cruciferous vegetables “.  That includes cauliflower, broccoli, and many others, basically it means vegetables that have flowers with four petals.

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Honesty is the best policy even if it stings. 

I don't know about that. 

Ancient Chinese saying, "Man who tell truth all day, Dead by sundown".

@Yul Lose,

It was alluded to in this thread but an RX from the doctor might work. ;)

1610667316_DoctorsRX.jpg.00834825fcd1e8e751ffaa5a95cacacb.jpg

Hubby is a picky eater and he's allergic to gluten. Now he has developed heart burn with some foods.

When he doesn't want to eat something anymore, he says "I can't eat this again. It gave me heart burn. If you make it again, you'll have to eat it all."  So rather than making it for me and something else for him, I quit making it.

Works for him.

Maybe join the local Volunteer Fire Dept. ( or SAY you did.)

When you come home and smell the soup, suddenly discover an emergency you have to attend to.

Then eat out. 

11 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Now, I'm not sure how the mechanics of this would work, but if you could find something to secretly eat that would give you TERRIBLE gas, seemingly caused by the cauliflower soup.....  :rolleyes:

I would think the cauliflower soup would do that very well on it's own! :ph34r:

One Year we grew an Over abundance of Pumpkins ,,,,,, Well We had Pumpkin Soup, Pie, Loaf, Cookies And Stew ......

And While I like all of the above ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, It was the Quantity and Constant Supply of same that got to me ....

I am far more cautious in how many Pumpkins I allow into the House .....

Jabez Cowboy

Just the smell of it would make me projectile vomit, so the Missus would know immediately how I feel about eating anymore of it.:P (That's my gag emoji.)  :)

Its tricky but with foreknowledge of soup for lunch bring home a double whopper with cheese and say I believe I'll have this instead.  

Wow, just wow.  You'd rather suffer through eating something you don't like than just tell her you'd rather have something else! On the other side if you're being honest with her about something and she gets tweaked at you then wow, just wow.

My wife likes to try new recipe's. And she waits for me to taste it first. Kind of like the food taster, if it ain't poisoned then go ahead and you try it. If I like it I tell her if I don't I tell her it's OK or it's OK but once was enough.  And if she likes something that I don't she makes me something else. Or I do.

Cauliflower is good, but it's on the occasionally list for meals.

She and I have been cooking stuff together for 56 years so being honest seems to have worked.

Ike

It is so pleasant to follow a thread that is just “fun” - just so long as it doesn’t endorse cauliflower soup.  

YL - thanks for sharing your ossue!

Honesty is the best approach. If you need an in, bring up something she hates to eat, and then tell her you feel the same way about the soup as she does about whatever it is that she doesn't like. Explain you're not trying to hurt her feelings, but your taste buds just don't agree with hers. If her feelings get hurt, so be it... it happens, and she'll get over it. Damned if I'd suffer...

4 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

“Dear, I know how much you love cauliflower, so from now on you can have my portions too.”

Then go fix yourself a sandwich.

Pretty much the way it works here too. I tell her to fix just enough for her ‘cause I won’t be eating any of it. 

I’m fortunate my bride has never expected me to eat something I didn’t care for and has never been offended. :wub:

If I dont like something, I say something. My wife and I have been together 42 years. We are brutally honest with each other. Yes it has caused bumps in the road but ultimately has made life better. She can always count on me to stick to my tastes and beliefs. And I can count on her the same way.  Being honest all the time avoids situations with others. Mom always said, you tell one lie and it takes thousands to cover it up. 

secretly eat something that gives you some terrible gas, like maybe some hardboiled eggs, prune juice, etc.....

Then blame it on the Cali soup you been eating.

That should stop it from becoming a daily meal..... :lol:

..........Widder

Lunch.

FBEC672A-68EA-41E4-8272-DA7852D9D4BD.jpeg

At this point, I think you should tell her this...."Honey, you know I love you and I love your cooking but this is too often that you cook it. It's great every once and a while but two or three times a month is too much, especially with having it for left overs." Yeah, she won't like it and her feelings may be hurt but she'll get over it.

Better than saying "I can't eat this sh&% any more".

I will profer an opinion, but my marital bliss was so short lived I warn you, in advance,  of my lack of qualifications. I had a trophy wife, so I'm not the right one to ask.  I'll grant you she was a participation trophy . . .

Tell her "I love you, you are all that matters in life to me, but as much as I love you, that's how much I don't love the cauliflower stew."  Combine it with flowers and chocolates.

I mean . . . it could work. . . maybe?

My ex was infamous for making me food that was absolutely gross. Not only was she a terrible cook but she often made stuff that only people in her hometown in China would recognize, let alone eat. Eventually she got the message that I would make my own dinners and she'd make her own, but while she agreed to it unfortunately it was just one of many things that eventually led to the breakdown of our relationship. She wanted to cook for me and I would've liked for her to do so, but not when she was inadvertently trying to poison me. She also went vegan and pressured me to do the same, but I'm a meat & potatoes guy so that was a definite non-starter.

7 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Just the smell of it would make me projectile vomit, so the Missus would know immediately how I feel about eating anymore of it.:P (That's my gag emoji.)  :)

:o BTDT :blush:. The offending smell was margarine. Luckily, I was in the hospital so Hubby didn't need to clean it up.

2 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

Lunch.

FBEC672A-68EA-41E4-8272-DA7852D9D4BD.jpeg

That is cauliflower soup? It sounds terrible; but, looks good.

51 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

You could show up for dinner with a horizontal stripped black and white shirt and demand to see the warden.

:D

Hey OLG! You have the outfit; but would you do that?

:wub: ya and Ima.

Y'all have about beat this to death but I'm really not seeing the problem.  Just tell her you don't want it.  Often, or ever - your choice.  Most women cook to please their families (or as Justin Wilson used to say: you cook what you like or what you got).  I made a pact starting with the grandsons: you have to eat it tonight because it's what we have; but if you really don't like it, you'll never see it again.  If Mrs. Yul really likes the soup, she can freeze it in single-serve portions, and you can eat something that suits you better - you may have to fix it yourself, however.  As long as you're not casting aspersions on her cooking in general, I can't imagine her getting upset because you don't like something.

I won’t eat what I don’t like!!  I will try anything and often, if I think it’s fixable, I’ll make suggestions.  If it doesn’t improve, I’ll go fix a sandwich and no hard feelings! If your wife can’t accept that, (you hafta’ be kind and diplomatic) it’s on her.  If this leads to the dissolution of your partnership, it was already doomed!!

23 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Here ya go.

Feel free to use it where appropriate.

chickenpuking.gif

Three construction workers are on the seventy-fifth floor of a non-finished building. The Italian opens his lunch box to find a pizza and says "Man, if I get pizza one more time I am going to jump off this building and fall to my death!" The Chinese opens his lunch box to find rice and says "Man, if I get rice one more time I am going to jump off this building and fall to my death!" The redneck opens his lunch box to find a cheeseburger and says" Man, if I get a cheeseburger one more time I'm going to jump off this building and fall to my death!" The next day they all got the same thing and they jumped off the building to their death. That weekend at the funeral, the Italian and the Chinese wives are crying and saying "I would have fixed him something else for lunch but he never told me." And as the two wives stare at the redneck's wife, they both ask why she isn't sad about her husband's death. She replies, "Don't look at me, he packs his own lunch."

Yul, stay away from tall buildings.

Archived