SASS Wire Forum

AR or Mini-14

Rye Miles #13621

UPDATE for those who care............My neighbor sold the AR 15 and is left with the Mini14, he added a scope to it and has a tripod. I decided against it .

Thanks all for your responses/advice;)

Both are nice guns.   It all comes down to look, in my opinion.

Me, my AR is an early one with the triangle forestock.  It doesn't even have a forward assist.  I think those look so much cooler than the A2 and onward ones.   But that's preference.

I plan to someday get a Mini, but I plan to customize it a bit to make it look as much like a miniature M-14 as possible.   You know, flash hider, that under barrel attachment that looks like the gas system, a bayonet lug, replacing the black plastic handguard with one that looks like the ones on the bigger rifle.

All the needed accessories exist, but getting them all is expensive...

1 hour ago, sassnetguy50 said:

On to a new quest?  

Yes...something more cowboy. Maybe a Henry .45-70???:)

There have been many occasions when I had a chance to buy a new gun I didn't even know I wanted, and for one reason or another I lost out on it. Despite the initial disappointment, within a week or two I forgot I even wanted it. There are always other fish in the sea.

14 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

There have been many occasions when I had a chance to buy a new gun I didn't even know I wanted, and for one reason or another I lost out on it. Despite the initial disappointment, within a week or two I forgot I even wanted it. There are always other fish in the sea.

I forgot about it already! I'm moving on to the next quest!:lol:

Archived