SASS Wire Forum

National pizza day

Rye Miles #13621

Publix has a BOGO!

Enjoy yours and invite and offer your best friend over for the other. ;)

0007192111439_3_A1C1_1200.thumb.png.91aed1626438220ccf99430cda8af840.png

That is an interesting article.

WHERE TO GET FREE PIZZA. Then they have a list of places.

Going down the list it's:

13, 9, 7, 7, (also a free t-shirt and a free glass of wine is in that list but so far no free pizza). Oh, here, #8 on the list. If you buy a computer they will give you a free pizza. Then 5, 6, here we go. #12 - it's buy one get one.

Them folks got a different opinion than I do of what free means.

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Publix has a BOGO!

Enjoy yours and invite and offer your best friend over for the other. ;)

0007192111439_3_A1C1_1200.thumb.png.91aed1626438220ccf99430cda8af840.png

That's actually pretty good pizza!

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

That is an interesting article.

WHERE TO GET FREE PIZZA. Then they have a list of places.

Going down the list it's:

13, 9, 7, 7, (also a free t-shirt and a free glass of wine is in that list but so far no free pizza). Oh, here, #8 on the list. If you buy a computer they will give you a free pizza. Then 5, 6, here we go. #12 - it's buy one get one.

Them folks got a different opinion than I do of what free means.

I didn't look at all of them until you mentioned it, looks like 3 and 4 are the only ones that give you something FREE but you still have to buy something!:o

26 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's actually pretty good pizza!

Rye,

It's our go to pizza on movie night.

7093F935-B2CA-4B83-A36A-0905CFA7591C.jpeg.400bd1428267ca6c4359455e2065d39e.jpeg

I love pizza. I miss Papa Murphy’s Pizza.

Rye,
If you get a chance, provided you have one nearby, try Trader Joe’s thin crust Italian pizza. It is actually made in Italy then flash frozen and shipped here. It’s wonderful! Simple but wonderful. 
The first time I tried it I was immediately transported to the docks in Livorno Italy eating brick oven wood fired pizza. One of the nicest food memories I have. Delizioso!

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

7093F935-B2CA-4B83-A36A-0905CFA7591C.jpeg.400bd1428267ca6c4359455e2065d39e.jpeg

I love pizza. I miss Papa Murphy’s Pizza.

Rye,
If you get a chance, provided you have one nearby, try Trader Joe’s thin crust Italian pizza. It is actually made in Italy then flash frozen and shipped here. It’s wonderful! Simple but wonderful. 
The first time I tried it I was immediately transported to the docks in Livorno Italy eating brick oven wood fired pizza. One of the nicest food memories I have. Delizioso!

Now you've done it. I gotta make the 30 mile round trip down to Trader Joe's in St. Pete to get one or two of them. Do they have different toppings on them or just cheese pizza.

Don't get me wrong, DiGiorno isn't bad, better than most,  but it's just a frozen pizza.

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

"Authentic Italian Recipe"

I always thought that Pizza was invented in the USA by an Italian immigrant ........ you know, .... American. :FlagAm:

Pizza is pretty popular in parts of Italy. Favorite line from that great movie “Breaking Away” when the frustrated Dad complains how his son is only interested in Italian bicycle racing and culture; “Why doesn’t that kid like something American like pizza or French fries!”

Seamus

3 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Now you've done it. I gotta make the 30 mile round trip down to Trader Joe's in St. Pete to get one or two of them. Do they have different toppings on them or just cheese pizza.

Don't get me wrong, DiGiorno isn't bad, better than most,  but it's just a frozen pizza.

The ones from Italy are a 4 cheese, a 3 cheese, a vegetables and a Margherita pizza   

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I always thought that Pizza was invented in the USA by an Italian immigrant ........ you know, .... American. :FlagAm:

Pizza in the US with all the toppings and versions is American but pizza was definitely invented by the Italians. Until a couple of decades ago pizza was considered poor peoples food. Most restaurants in Italy would not serve it unless they served it out the back door of the restaurant to people who couldn’t afford to eat at the restaurant. 

55 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Pizza in the US with all the toppings and versions is American but pizza was definitely invented by the Italians. Until a couple of decades ago pizza was considered poor peoples food. Most restaurants in Italy would not serve it unless they served it out the back door of the restaurant to people who couldn’t afford to eat at the restaurant. 

hmmmmm .......

...... just where is that resturant and what's the address of it's back door?

5 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

hmmmmm .......

...... just where is that resturant and what's the address of it's back door?

38 years ago...in Naples. :D

4 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

My family is from Italy and they always made pizza, not exactly the kind you get from these pizza shops. It's more like a bread with tomato sauce, little bits of garlic, parsley or oregano and grated cheese. No meat on it! You had the sausage separate and folded the pizza over on the sausage that is IF they had enough money to have sausage. :)

5 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My family is from Italy and they always made pizza, not exactly the kind you get from these pizza shops. It's more like a bread with tomato sauce, little bits of garlic, parsley or oregano and grated cheese. No meat on it! You had the sausage separate and folded the pizza over on the sausage that is IF they had enough money to have sausage. :)

Probably the best pizza in your memories. :)

I just had pizza from a local pizzeria called Magic Mike’s Pizza. Boy, was it good. I got a Supreme pizza. It had a smoky flavor. Man, it was good. 

Thanks for posting this thread Rye. I found a new favorite pizza place. ;)

There's an Italian store/deli a couple miles from me that has pizza very much like my mother made. No melted mozzarella, it's thick and has  sauce and some garlic and grated cheese. They also have "white pizza" which is awesome. I had some yesterday for Pizza Day! ;)

Was (Past Tense) a splendid day to throw the diet to the winds and PIG OUT on Pizza.  Small local shop makes great Pizza.  This is a small College town.  More pizza shops than gas stations.

Archived