SASS Wire Forum

Does anybody really care...

5 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

...about the Oscars? I can’t get away from it in the news. Seems like the world is supposed to hang on it.

I love a good movie, but don’t give a rip about what the Hollywood intelligista think of one another. 

You can't have no idea how little I care......

92nd Academy Awards Ceremony  (Oscars) TV show:

Tomorrow, Sunday, 09-FEB-2020, 5PM, Pacific Time

Cat Brules

I like their hotdogs.

Don't make me no nevermind. I haven't watched  but

a handful of movies in the last 10 years or so. The language has gotten so foul in nearly all of them I can't stomach it.

Regards,

JHC

Emilio “El Indio” Fernandez, the Mexican director/actor who played General Mapache in The Wild Bunch, is reputed to be the model for the Oscar statue.

But I don’t plan to tune in either.

Might watch The Wild Bunch again instead!  :D

J-Bar has a good idea.

With that in mind . . . .

There are some really good videos by Kent Rollins, The Cowboy Cook, on YouTube.

The Oscars has devolved into a far left-leaning pep rally.

No thank you.

Nope.  Haven't for decades.  Just as I don't really pay any attention to reviews by professionals.  Other than, maybe to find out if they panned a movie I was thinking about seeing.  If they gave it a bad review it's likely a good movies.  If they laud it to the skies it is likely garbage.

1 hour ago, Fence Cutter said:

Try this....

Oscar Mayer Wienermobile pulled over by Wisconsin cops | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/auto/oscar-mayer-weinermobile-wisconsin-cops

Darn.  We missed the January 31 deadline to apply to be Wienermobile drivers.   :(

I quit watching the Oscars when they started making bad movies with bad actors and awarding them for it. Yep it was a long time ago. 

The Oscars......meh.....who cares.....a bunch of liberals feeding each others egos.

When I was younger I was a big fan of the Oscar, but eventually grew out of it. :P

qa-portrait-1-1000w.thumb.jpg.eeeeee05bf139dfb2d6821751791955b.jpg

9 hours ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

The Oscars......meh.....who cares.....a bunch of liberals feeding each others egos.

Exactly this ^

I haven’t watched the Oscars since probably 1990. I have seen tidbits over the years and some speeches that have just solidified my disdain for Hollywood and what they consider “elite” and I consider “lower life forms”.

But, without the Oscars and the surrounding hoopla we may not have known what types of left wing nutjobs and pansies we have for supposed “lead actors”. Here’s a couple we all know. 

George Clooney - elitist leftist & anti rights nut job 

Robert De Niro - leftist pansy

Sly Stallone - anti 2A rights punk

Back in the 80’s I actually helped out with the Oscars. I built sound system cabling for a friend of mine that was contracted by “The Academy” (they call themselves an academy :blink:)

After seeing how he was treated by these enlightened morons I wanted no parts of them ever again. They treat the people that support their efforts like dirt. Typical leftist elites. If they had total power I feel they would rival the Nazis in their treatment of folks. But, we won’t let that happen, will we? :FlagAm:

Growing up in the 1960's I used to love watching the oscars. You didn't see the actors on entertainment tonight and other shows constantly as you do today. It was rare to see them other then in the movies or an occasional appearance on Johnny Carson. There was more of a mystery about them. It was mostly fun with an occasional political comment made.

Now you see them everywhere and you hear about their political views ad nauseam.  Not fun anymore.

14 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Growing up in the 1960's I used to love watching the oscars.

That was when there was still some grace and elegance to the Hollywood big-shots.  Men in at least a decent suit if not a tuxedo.  Women in gowns that were gowns and not some bits of fabric designed to show off as much as possible without impeding traffic or scaring the horses.
Awards were announced, actors came up, thanked everyone, and walked off. They didn't try to make it into a platform for social engineering.

17 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Why watch a bunch of over paid jerks say how great they are and how they think everyone else is so stupid!

YES!  That thought brings immediately to mind an NFL Football game.

Cat Brules

On 2/8/2020 at 7:21 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Darn.  We missed the January 31 deadline to apply to be Wienermobile drivers.   :(

Not to worry Hardpan.  Oscar Meyer is now appearing at a supermarket near you. Go in, pick up a pack of eight hotdogs,

to go with the package of 8 buns, get you some of your everyday pickle relish, some yellow mustard, and a libation of your liking. 

Ya got the start of a picnic. :D

My wife told me one of the first things she saw was some guy wearing a skirt and interviewing the celebrities. I was glad I had turned to the Gunsmoke reruns!

Archived