SASS Wire Forum

Jim West - RIP

Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L

RIP Robert Conrad.

Loved that show.

Loved Centennial as well.

--Dawg

Rest in Peace, Mr. Conrad. God bless.

He looks like he's got a coiled rattlesnake on his gun grips!  How 'bout that!

The Wild Wild West was one of my favorite western TV series.

I was telling TN Williams this morning that I always enjoyed that show on Friday evenings, along

with Hogan's Heroes.    I would go to the corner store, buy me a pint of Chocolate Ripple ice cream,

and eat it while watching WW West.

One of my favorite villains was Dr. Lovelace  (hope I remember the name correctly).

Another favorite was Baa Baa Black Sheep.   That was a great show.

..........Widder

Was a great show, Wild Wild West. R.I.P.

Just scared the hell out of me, some of it anyway. Just was in communication with Jim West (real name) who is a Cowboy shooter, obviously a different one.

Always liked the Wild, Wild West. Gotta admit, I liked Baa Baa Black Sheep more though.

Rest in Peace Mr. Conrad and thanks for the entertainment.

Robert Conrad was one of the most athletic actors ever, did all of his own stunts. Always a great fight scene in every episode of WWW. 

Unlike many actors today he actually looked like he knew how to handle his guns.

13 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

The Wild Wild West was one of my favorite western TV series.

I was telling TN Williams this morning that I always enjoyed that show on Friday evenings, along

with Hogan's Heroes.    I would go to the corner store, buy me a pint of Chocolate Ripple ice cream,

and eat it while watching WW West.

One of my favorite villains was Dr. Lovelace  (hope I remember the name correctly).

Another favorite was Baa Baa Black Sheep.   That was a great show.

..........Widder

Dr Miguelito Loveless. Yep, have the complete series on DVD, one of my favorites!

CBG

I had the pleasure of meeting him once. In 1977 I was a young Marine in a holding unit waiting transportation to Okinawa.

Since we didn't have any official duties we were taken on a bus trip to Hollywierd to watch a T.V. show being filmed. We went to a portion of "Circus of the Stars". Mr. Conrad was one of the Stars that day. They had him scheduled to do a trapeze routine. When he came out on stage, they had him in a PINK leotard, which did NOT make him happy. 

During a break though, the other Marines and I were able to meet him, shake hands, get autographs and such.  To a man, we all told him how much we liked "Ba Ba Black Sheep", and he thanked us for our service.  

Archived