SASS Wire Forum

Floating AR????

Chili Ron

Howdy,,

I saw a movie (and we all know how movies are) where an AR gets

dropped into a lake and of course, sinks.

So just wondering how one could pick from the endless list of ar options

and build one that would float?

Just a question for a cold winters day.

And yes of course loaded.

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I don't know, if we make guns float, how will we claim to have lost them in a boating accident?

... then the pirates could collect then on the water ..... "Pirate Model" ...

On 2/9/2020 at 9:00 AM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Floatation devices to attach to your rails.  This could be the next million dollar idea.  Every Mall Ninja in America would want to keep his $4,000 AR-15 from sinking during the Big One.  

NRS Zepher self inflating PFD, it is like a tiny fanny pack.  Cut off the waist strap and attach a quick detach picatiny mount.  Inflates when it gets wet and holds 15#.  The big yellow air bladder will give away your position to the enemy.

1 minute ago, sassnetguy50 said:

NRS Zepher self inflating PFD, it is like a tiny fanny pack.  Cut off the waist strap and attach a quick detach picatiny mount.  Inflates when it gets wet and holds 15#.  The big yellow air bladder will give away your position to the enemy.

All you gotta do is add a little red beak and quack...
8A77710C-A129-45D6-8AF0-494D8B4F6400.gif.b6e783cc596ce6ae8401c01c34e2ee74.gif

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 11:08 AM, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I don't know, if we make guns float, how will we claim to have lost them in a boating accident?

Don't give California politicians any ideas. Next they'll pass a "floatation law" banning any make & model of firearm that isn't buoyant.

Howdy,

Wow.

Just skip the shooter and whack em to the middle of next week with that BOX.

Wow.

Best

CR

could we float the pollyticians??? Hot air should float reeeeellll well...right?

When I first saw Saving Private Ryan, I noticed that during the beach landing at the beginning, there were rifles floating in the surf. Sitting right up on top of the water like corks. Mentioned it to Mrs. H. that it looked odd, but didn't think much more about it.

Years later, at a gun show I came across a guy selling styrofoam replicas of M-1's that had been used as props in the movie.

Seems that if someone wanted a floating AR, there is some version of a buttstock with sufficient displacement that the voids could be filled with foam to make it float.

8 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

When I first saw Saving Private Ryan, I noticed that during the beach landing at the beginning, there were rifles floating in the surf. Sitting right up on top of the water like corks. Mentioned it to Mrs. H. that it looked odd, but didn't think much more about it.

Years later, at a gun show I came across a guy selling styrofoam replicas of M-1's that had been used as props in the movie.

Slightly off-topic, but I remember seeing a lot of rubber M1s and 1911s in Band of Brothers. I get that it's just a movie, but c'mon... :rolleyes:

Archived