SASS Wire Forum

Good Movies

I recently watched two John Wick movies. I love that genre. Action and more action. Very similar, with a British twist, are the Kingsman movies. I watched two of them.

I also watched the first Jack Ryan movie and liked it too.

All are action movies. If you object to and can't overlook F-Bombs, skip John Wick. To see Keanu, I can overlook them. ;)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night I watched 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi. It was very well done. Irish Red O'Toole (IROT) recommended it on FB. At the beginning, they wrote, "This is a true story." Not, based on a true story.

If I had one word to describe it. I would use "tragic." It almost met my threshold for gore; but, I couldn't quit watching.

Watching Deadwood the series, rewatched El Dorado and Rio Bravo. Read a lot more than watch TV or movies. 13 Hours was well done as was the King's Speech. Band of Brothers was one of the best war series I've ever seen, The Pacific was well done too, but more isolate and emotionally empty and I did not feel better for watching it unlike Band of Brothers. 12 o clock high was good and liked The Great Escape. Watched Once Upon a Time in the West, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, and The Outlaw Josey Wales. Blackhawk Down was well done too - I read the book first. Also loved rewatching the original Thin Man movie and the first sequel. My cousin's favorite western of all time is Blazing Saddles. Get really really annoyed with a lot of the more current shows and many of the movies where the writers and directers seem to have to push a political agenda or PC narrative, it's tiresome and insulting. Bogart comedies are pretty good - Sabrina (with Audrey Hepburn), The Africa Queen, and We're No Angels (1955).

Oh, with Band of Brothers what really sucked me in the first time I saw it was not knowing who was going to live or die and knowing that these were not only real men but that the commentary with each episode were done by some of the real men portrayed in the series and not knowing who each one was at the time until the end. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching a good series on Prime. Was called, "The Fall" with Gillian Anderson. About the Dublin serial killer. Very intense E.R., O.R., and ICU scene in season 3. Well done. Too intense subject for children. Stalks, and violates women then kills them.

I just watched Dahmer, Mind of a Monster on ID.  It was interesting to see how he developed into a monster. The story was horrid; but, there was no gore shown. People went to the authorities; but they didn't listen. It was tragic, especially the 14 year old naked boy and woman who tried to save him; but wasn't listened to or even interviewed.

Archived