SASS Wire Forum

The president is coming to my city

Cyrus Cassidy #45437

50 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I just got tickets for the whole family to see President Trump when he comes through my city in a few weeks.  Regardless of how you feel about the man, he is the president.

I’m envious. Enjoy every minute.

Get there early, hours early. Some friend of mine had tickets and went to see him in Tampa. They got there two hours early and never even got close to getting in the building. Congrats on the tickets and I hope you get in.:FlagAm:

27 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I stand in line for nobody.

As much as I would like to see and hear our President speak, I agree. I have stood in line long enough in my life. 

3 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

I just got tickets for the whole family to see President Trump when he comes through my city in a few weeks.  Regardless of how you feel about the man, he is the president.

When I was six years old (1948), my Dad and Mom and I were travelling by train from Chicago to downstate Illinois to see Mom's folks (my grandparents, of course).  Our train was stopped in Galesburg, Illinois, because the "Whistle-stop Special" with President Truman on board was due to come and stop for his campaign.  My Dad was a staunch Republican.  But Dad felt that I should see "The President".  So, we got off the train (it wasn't going anywhere until Truman's train departed), and he put me up on his shoulders.  I don't know how far we were (50-100 yds), but I did get to see President Truman standing on the rear platform of the car!  Since this is an election year, "Dad and I", in HO scale will be standing at "Galesburg" to see the Ferdinand Magellan (railroad car) with "President Truman" and an aide standing on the back platform...in HO scale, of course! B)  I do have to remove the decal with the words "United States of America" from the car, as there were no such markings on the real one due to security concerns.  :FlagAm:   BTW, I was able to get aboard the real car at a railroad museum some years ago.  That thing had reinforced concrete in the floor to protect the president (both FDR and Truman) from the possibility of sabotage!  Car supposedly weighed over 200,000 lbs.! :o 

I don't agree with everything he says/does, sometimes would rather he toned down the rhetoric a notch or three, but Dammit, I think he's the best President we've had since Reagan, and I would love to be able to attend one of his rallies. 

I generally do not favor standing in line either but President Trump is a wonderful anomaly and I would be happy to be one of the many thorns in the side of his enemies today. Standing in line to see President Trump would not bother me one bit.

Howdy,

If you do happen to like The Prez. check out MMX new Trump silver and even newer gold coins.

My local guy said the silver one oz sold like crazy.

Solid not plated.

I hate plated.

Best

CR

and if you order tell em Ron from Dekalb sent ya.

I don't know but it might hep.

Reckoning I was 4 or maybe 5 year old when Dad pointed at a helicopter and told me President Eisenhower was in it.  That's the closet I've been to a President.

1965 LBJ was visiting the Palm Sunday tornado damage 5 miles from our home.  I don't know if it was because the county roads were still impassable or dad didn't like LBJ but dad didn't offer to take us to see LBJ.

Just a note to Cowpokes.  It's President Donald Trump with a capital "P"!

When Dad was in Paris during WWII,  there was a parade.  Gen Eisenhower was coming along in a car.  Dad had a 35mn camera and was all set to take a picture of him.  Just as he snapped the picture,  a woman with a big hat leaned over and completely blocked the shot. I don't think he ever got over that.

Archived