SASS Wire Forum

CBD oil

Rye Miles #13621

I’ve been hearing a lot about CBD oil for aches and pains.

Anyone used this stuff? 

Howdy,

I tried one cbd product and found it no effect.

It was from the local drugstore and they didn't have feedback.

Only they promised that it was pure and from a top supplier.

And maybe I didn't use it right?

I wait to hear more.....

Best

CR

Haven't used it. A very close friend with cancer related to Agent Orange is being treated with it at VA along with Chemo. They have been shocked with his outcome from using CBD. Been on it for over 18 months now and was only given 3 months to live. To stay alive he has to be on both the rest of his life. Quitting treatment they give him maybe a month. They have really been studying the CBD usage on him. 

I have tried it and my daughter swears by it. It does seem to help but I haven’t really used a lot of it. I can tell you that I bought some for my dog. She has really bad hips. $20,000 worth of surgery bad hips! I started giving her CBD oil with her food and it really does appear to be helping her. 

I was using it and it did help. The problem was how much I had to use at stronger mg got expensive. I stopped because of cost now I'm seeing a pain management Dr. so haven't restarted. I was using 2500 mg from CB distillery 6-8 times a day. 1 bottle is about $150

Yes and no. It is not regulated so you don’t know exactly what strength or quality you’re getting. Some of it is extremely expensive but that doesn’t mean you’re getting the best. I tried some on a my slightly arthritic hand and it helped. My wife didn’t feel any relief when she tried it for her hip.

It seems to be primarily an analgesic. It won’t cure anything. A lot of research still needs to be done. 
As far as I’m concerned it couldn’t hurt. If it helps, you probably won’t mind the pain in your wallet as much.

Wife has tried it two different ways. One was the oral dropps and they didn't seem to have much effect on her pain.  Next she tried a topical application using a roll on applicator. This has helped reduce her pain significantly.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yes and no. It is not regulated so you don’t know exactly what strength or quality you’re getting. Some of it is extremely expensive but that doesn’t mean you’re getting the best. I tried some on a my slightly arthritic hand and it helped. My wife didn’t feel any relief when she tried it for her hip.

It seems to be primarily an analgesic. It won’t cure anything. A lot of research still needs to be done. 
As far as I’m concerned it couldn’t hurt. If it helps, you probably won’t mind the pain in your wallet as much.

+100

Biggest problem with it is knowing the strength and quality of what you are buying.  As bad as I hate to say it it needs some serious regulation.

Since it became legal to use in TX I have been purchasing it from a pharmacy in NE Washington State. Expensive but it helps the wife with the pain issues. I send her son money and he sends it to us. Buy it from there because I feel they have at least some quality control.

4 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

I was using it and it did help. The problem was how much I had to use at stronger mg got expensive. I stopped because of cost now I'm seeing a pain management Dr. so haven't restarted. I was using 2500 mg from CB distillery 6-8 times a day. 1 bottle is about $150

From one who KNOWS!  I’ve cared for a family member being “treated” by a pain management MD for several years.  Pain management MD’s can and usually ARE quack drug pushers.  They’ll get you addicted to morphine.  They won’t let you get off the stuff...indeed, they’re afraid to.  My wife had to stop seeing this MD, and quit on her own.  We didn’t know of any other treatment options.  Once my wife quit taking morphine (besides the withdrawals) she found only a small difference in the pain she was experiencing.  Of course, things could be different for you, I obviously can’t say.

We found that surgeons and other MD’s hold these pain management doctors in low regard.

Cat Brules

Legal and taxed (of course) here in Canada.

I've tried the CBD oil as a lingual spray and buds with a vaporizer, as well as an ointment applied topically.

It helped my knees a little, but I'm still going to get the joints replaced.

The wife and I have both tried it. The oral drops tasted horrible but worked best for me. Not all are equal either. Most of them arent cheap. For me it helped with minor arthritis aches and pains but for the cost i'll stick with motrin. The wife on the other hand had better results with gel tabs. She had been on rx opioids and her pain management doctor wouldnt try anything else or up the dose in 3 years. She ended up switching docs and got a medical marijuana card. She tends to get the lower dose thc with higher doses of cbd strains and has vastly improved her pain.   

If you take the CBD products, are you still able to pass a drug test? I don't really know anything about the oil or other products but I know that if you get a random test at work and test positive, you're fired. 

39 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

If you take the CBD products, are you still able to pass a drug test? I don't really know anything about the oil or other products but I know that if you get a random test at work and test positive, you're fired. 

Most CBD oil contains no more than 0.3 percent or 0.003 of THC.  This is supposed to be low enough that you shouldn't have any issues with a drug test.  If a test were to come back positive most employers will have you retested to ensure that it was not a false positive. In case you were unaware eating food that contains poppy seeds can cause a false positive.

Mrs. Lose gets hers locally and she gives me a back massage with it mixed with avocado or olive oil every morning. I feel it helps my lower back pain and helps me through the day she used to have very painful arthritic hands and since she’s been using the CBD oil her joint pain in her hands has disappeared. I tried it for my hand pain and it didn’t help but a supplement, ArthroMax has done the job.

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Most CBD oil contains no more than 0.3 percent or 0.003 of THC.  This is supposed to be low enough that you shouldn't have any issues with a drug test.  If a test were to come back positive most employers will have you retested to ensure that it was not a false positive. In case you were unaware eating food that contains poppy seeds can cause a false positive.

Any THC can be cause for termination. 

No employer is required to retest.

None of my employers ever retested when a test showed positive.

Also, it stays in your system for a spell.

OLG 

I found that Magnesium oil spray works the best on my hands & knees

Largo

Wrongway takes it nightly for better sleep.
She is a thyroid patient since age 6, and takes enough Armour thyroid to stun Secretariat.

I ran a spreadsheet of the popular products to compare the actual cost per dose.
7 mg is what she takes for sleeping purposes.

Bluebird Botanicals sells their Classic 6x which does the job, and is highly concentrated so you use less product.
7mg is $0.386 per night.  This is 4 droplets.  There are 3600 droplets in a 120ml bottle.
If you call them on their 800 number, and are a first time customer, they will give you 20% off the $349.95 selling price for 120ml (4 oz).
Buying in large quantity is a huge reduction in per-dose expense.

Link to Reviews and Lab Tests

Knee-jerk Termination for using a therapeutic pain reliever, with no intoxicating properties, is likely to generate a judgement against an employer that would make them rethink a rediculous “policy” of firing without investigation.  I recall a woman who was hooked on poppyseed muffins getting “a pass” on her positive test result, while a man was fired a few weeks later for the same reason..  He’s the guy who brought the muffins  in every day because he passed right by the donut shop every morning on his way to work.  I think he settled his lawsuit for ~$400K and was reinstated.

Meanwhile the field hands were, “smokin’ dope, snortin’ coke, and tryin’ to write a song....,” in the field work trucks day in, day out.  I went out one day and drove one of the field trucks in for service to exchange for my company car, which had been serviced and was ready to go.  The truck smelled like dope and several butts were on the floor.  That became another story.

Cat Brules

Using as a lotion 1000 mg in a small jar. Rheumatoid arthritis. Couldn't pick up chain saw and traffic cones with left arm, extremely weak and painful. Rubbing small amount on left elbow joint morning and evening, working better than expected. As a bonus rubbing excess on my hands, knuckle joints and thumb rotators pain free. Still on first small jar 2 weeks in. We will see if it lasts. Happy so far. 

On 2/7/2020 at 6:20 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’ve been hearing a lot about CBD oil for aches and pains.

Anyone used this stuff? 

I had a co-worker swear by it for his achy and painy joints, but didn't work for me.  Used the same brand as he did.

A neighbor of mine swore by cbd oil lotion for her neck cramps, another friend of mine used a similar cbd lotion for her arthritic hands and she said it helped.

Reckon your mileage will vary.

On 2/9/2020 at 9:35 PM, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

I tried it for my arthritic pain. Didn't do a thing for me.

ditto

oral oil drops, smear-on salve did nada.

The gummy worms did seem to knock off the edge of pain.

Bud's gun shop sells the stuff now.

Archived