SASS Wire Forum

Home again - Update 2/14/20

Utah Bob #35998

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bob, are you taking care of yourself and / or do you have someone helping you out?

I'm asking because if you get ill or weak you'll be less / no help to Carol.  I speak from brutal experience.

Take care of yourself, old son, and keep us posted.

...like Forty Rod just said...   ...prayers up from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Updated

Thank you, Bob, for taking the time to keep us updated on the goings on.  In your update, did you maybe mean "immunity therapy?"  

Hang onto the hope.    And, as a few others have said, take care of yourself.  You are no good to your bride if you keel over.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Thank you, Bob, for taking the time to keep us updated on the goings on.  In your update, did you maybe mean "immunity therapy?"  

Hang onto the hope.    And, as a few others have said, take care of yourself.  You are no good to your bride if you keel over.

Immunotherapy. Stupid auto correct.

On 2/6/2020 at 8:02 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Back from the Mayo Clinic in the hell that is Phoenix. No good news at all unfortunately. We will be heading back down for conferences with the oncologist on Monday. Hard dang times. :(
Edit 3pm 2/7: Just heard from them that they want to do a biopsy on Wed. Two more days in Phoenix.

Had a sit down the the oncologist today. Some relatively encouraging info.

He’s recommending immunimo therapy. Much better than chemo. The fly in the ointment is where we live. No nearby top notch facilities or oncologists. So we’re examining options and may have a plan developing. May involve moving temporarily to Charlotte NC

Still scheduled for the biopsy on Wednesday and keeping our fingers crossed.

I still feel mentally like room temperature SOS but slightly more optimistic.

Keep your hopes and prayers up. Good luck to your wife in her treatment, this new therapy is getting good reviews from what I hear.;)

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

We all understood.There was no reason to correct him in public by the way Immunotherapy is correct 

22 minutes ago, Henry T Harrison said:

We all understood.There was no reason to correct him in public by the way Immunotherapy is correct 

I googled what he had written initially to find out what it was.  I was asking for clarification and if my assumption on what he meant was correct.  Medical technology is rapidly changing, you never know what new terms will appear.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I googled what he had written initially to find out what it was.  I was asking for clarification and if my assumption on what he meant was correct.  Medical technology is rapidly changing, you never know what new terms will appear.

You still didn’t need to correct him 

I will continue to keep you both in my positive thoughts. Where there is hope there is possibility of cure and recovery. I certainly wish you and Carol the best for the treatment at Charlotte. 

Bob, I know it's hard to do, day in and day out, but you must remain strong for Carol. If you need anything, you should reach out to the SASS community to help out no matter what State you are in. I know that they will help, I know I will.

Sun

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

No problem my friend. My head is virtually spinning with new medical terminology from the past few days.

Sorry to hear this. Just a FYI, for what it's worth my mother went to Fred Hutchinson and Swedish Medical Center in Seattle many years ago with advanced-stage lymphoma, and they saved her life. It was a very hard road though. Just throwing that out there because they're among the best in the country for that type of thing.

16 hours ago, MizPete said:

Let us know if you come to Charlotte.  You sure you don't want to go to Durham (Duke)?

Taking the recommendation of our oncologist plus Carol’s sister lives there.

My ex did that all the time whenever she looked at a listing for a new house that was triple the size (and mortgage) of our existing one. I simply wouldn't say anything either, because I figured if she didn't understand the fact that we couldn't possibly afford it there was no use explaining it to her.

14 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

My ex did that all the time whenever she looked at a listing for a new house that was triple the size (and mortgage) of our existing one. I simply wouldn't say anything either, because I figured if she didn't understand the fact that we couldn't possibly afford it there was no use explaining it to her.

?

9 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Whoops sorry... somehow that ended up in the wrong thread. :blush:

It belongs in the "Why does she not say anything?" thread, so mods please move.

I do that all the time. I have know idea how it happens. :lol:

Back home again from Phoenix. Waiting on test results.

Those that don't believe in the power of prayer have never felt the impact of the Cowboy Prayer Posse!

Spoken from personal experience.

We are doing every thing we can, Bob.

Hang in there.

Bob, you and Carole must must be worn out.  Just get rested up.  I do know that those trips back and forth are physically and mentally tough.

If you go to Charlotte, it is probably good that Carol’s sister is there and may be able to lend assistance and support for Carole.  And, especially so if you find yourselves living there temporarily.  It’s a big city, I know.  

There are a lot of people praying for both Carole and you.  Please know that you also have our prayers and best wishes too, that Carole and you come through this difficult time in good health.

Jim Yacono

(Cat Brules)

Archived