SASS Wire Forum

Home again - Update 2/14/20

Utah Bob #35998

Back from the Mayo Clinic in the hell that is Phoenix. No good news at all unfortunately. We will be heading back down for conferences with the oncologist on Monday. Hard dang times. :(
Edit 3pm 2/7: Just heard from them that they want to do a biopsy on Wed. Two more days in Phoenix.

Had a sit down the the oncologist today. Some relatively encouraging info.

He’s recommending immunimo therapy. Much better than chemo. The fly in the ointment is where we live. No nearby top notch facilities or oncologists. So we’re examining options and may have a plan developing. May involve moving temporarily to Charlotte NC

Still scheduled for the biopsy on Wednesday and keeping our fingers crossed.

I still feel mentally like room temperature SOS but slightly more optimistic.

After a biopsy procedure on Wed we traveled home yesterday. Managed to make it out of Phoenix alive.

At least we had good weather for the 8 hour drive. Waiting on the biopsy results which should take 3-4 days. Had no time to get flowers for Valentine’s Day though. :(

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Prayers heading your way Utah Bob.

Chin up and stay cheerful.

I believe the prayers for me helped. A lot.

My thoughts are with you and the Mrs., UB.

So sorry to hear that news Bob. Ellie & I will continue prayers for you both. Please hang in there for both of you.

Eyesa

Thanks for your update. Sorry to hear that type news. Continued prayers for you both. Stay positive, stay strong.

Bob, it’s going to be tough, especially with all that travel.  Our own experience tells me that.  
You have many cowboys praying for Carol, and for you as well.  I trust all fares well.

Cat Brules

Prayers going out from Hatfield, Schoolmarm, and me!!

This hits close to home because Schoolmarm is five years into stage four breast cancer.  Trust in God ‘cause miracles happen!!

Thanks for the update. Prayers going up.

Archived