SASS Wire Forum

Some People Don't Learn

Subdeacon Joe

**Some people have to learn the hard way.**

Today one of our officers observed a vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed on eastbound US-50 at Howe Ave. Using LIDAR, the officer determined that the vehicle was traveling at a speed of 104 mph in a 65 mph zone. The officer made an enforcement stop on the vehicle and asked the driver for his driver’s license, registration, and insurance. The driver opened the glove box and the officer observed that there was a ticket there. The officer asked the driver, “hey what’s that?” The driver answered “a ticket”. The officer asked “from who? “From you.” Turns out the same officer had made an enforcement stop on the same driver at the same location three months earlier for driving 84 mph! Hopefully the driver learned his lesson and there won’t be third time, that’s if the judge doesn’t suspend his license for his poor judgement.
#slowdown #freewaynotracetrack

No photo description available.

Was riding 2 man once and we had a slow start. Got out the radar and had a guy going 75 in the 40 zone. We went after the guy who hopped onto the interstate. After about a minute we were loosing the guy like we were standing still, I told my partner to get on it. He looked at me and said we were going 150. I responded back, "That's enough".

I once got a radio call relayed from another jurisdiction that a motorcycle was heading our way down the highway in excess of 120mph.  My response:  "What do you want me to do?  Tell you what color shirt he's wearing?"  It was about 3 AM, I was about 30 seconds from the highway and in a car that couldn't hit 120 driving down a cliff  with a stiff tail wind.  Sometimes all you can do is laugh.  (and hope he doesn't turn into a grease spot until he gets out of your town)

Angus

Archived