SASS Wire Forum

Ben Johnson on Bonanza

I was watching an episode from the newly released 10th season of Bonanza, in which the Ben Johnson character (an army deserter) was holding Little Joe, at bay with a Henry '60 rifle however, you could tell by the location of the button that it was empty.  He kept Little Joe approx 5' apart at bay for quite a while with this empty Henry.  Ben's wife was carrying a Winchester '66 with the fore stock removed.  In one scene she was carrying the empty Henry then back with the '66 in another scene.   I was thinking that before I got involved with cowboy shooting, I would have never noticed any of this.

I have watched the Duke in the Searchers several times, but it wasn't until after I got into cowboy shooting that I noticed that when  they were chased across the river by the Indians and then set up a defensive position on the other side, that Duke was firing  a '94 carbine and in the next scene he was firing a '94 short rifle, then back to the '94 carbine.

"Ben's wife"? Oooh.

You meant "Ben Johnson's character's wife". :wacko::blush:

Talking about Bonanza, and say "Ben's wife", and I'm thinking, "Wait a minute now. All three of Ben's wives were dead". ;)

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

"Ben's wife"? Oooh.

You meant "Ben Johnson's character's wife". :wacko::blush:

Talking about Bonanza, and say "Ben's wife", and I'm thinking, "Wait a minute now. All three of Ben's wives were dead". ;)

Coincidence? Maybe Ben wasn't so clean after all.:rolleyes:

And didn't John Wayne use a "92 in all of his movies. Pretty sure I saw one in The Conqueror.:lol:

45 minutes ago, Alpo said:

While the rifle in that scene in The Searchers did change back and forth from a SRC to a Short Rifle, it never was a 94. It was a 92.

Hey! I'm and old guy:rolleyes:  I meant to say '92  but, my brain was saying '94.

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The main thing is when you notice stuff like that other folks get really annoyed at you for always pointing it out. ;)

Sometimes I do it just to annoy other folks.

Hey, you got your hobbies, I got mine.

You listen to their points of view, so they can just listen to yours, is how I see it.

Cat Brules

21 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The main thing is when you notice stuff like that other folks get really annoyed at you for always pointing it out. ;)

When I mentioned to the wife about the Henry being unloaded and the "66 had the fore stock removed to make it look like a Henry, her comment was, "I don't care, I just want to watch the show." :blink: :mellow:

Archived