SASS Wire Forum

Rosie’s Needs Help

Yul Lose

Some of you may remember me posting about the eggs Benedict at Rosie’s restaurant in Escondido, Ca. a few months ago. Well Kaitlyn Pilsbury the cafe owner was in a serious accident on her motorcycle on December 21 and is now in a rehab hospital. Here’s the story. Food Network is doing a benefit on February 17 to help raise funds for her medical costs. She is a very nice lady and has a long, long recovery ahead of her. 

Rosie’s staff runs Escondido cafe while owner recovers from hit-and-run crash

A sign and donation bucket near the cash register at Rosie’s Cafe in Escondido on Monday raises awareness and money for owner Kaitlyn Rose Pilsbury, 33, who was seriously injured Dec. 21 in a hit-and-run accident in Vista.
A sign and donation bucket near the cash register at Rosie’s Cafe in Escondido on Monday raises awareness and money for owner Kaitlyn Rose Pilsbury, 33, who was seriously injured Dec. 21 in a hit-and-run accident in Vista.
(Pam Kragen / The San Diego Union-Tribune)

Owner of retro eatery featured on Food Network’s “Restaurant: Impossible” last May has been in ICU since Dec. 21

DEC. 31, 2019

2:43 PM
Escondido — 

Almost a year to the day after Escondido’s then-struggling Rosie’s Cafe was chosen for a TV makeover on Food Network’s “Restaurant: Impossible” series, the eatery’s owner is now engaged in a struggle of her own. 

On the evening of Dec. 21, owner Kaitlyn Rose Pilsbury, 33, was seriously injured when her motorcycle was struck by a hit-and-run driver in an SUV near her home in Vista. She has been recuperating in the intensive care unit at Palomar Medical Center ever since. On Tuesday morning, family members posted an update of her condition on a family-run Gofundme page, saying: “Every day she shows more progress.”

As news of the accident spreads, Rosie’s Cafe has become a gathering space for friends, customers and community members. The restaurant at 117 W. Grand Ave. was closed for four days after the accident. But since it reopened Dec. 26, waitress Sarah Zenns said customer traffic has been tremendous as visitors have come in to dine, drop off cash donations for Pilsbury and write notes of support for her in a journal near the cash register.

Sad that some dirtbag would hit someone and then run. I hope whoever did this is caught and pays a hefty price for their ignorance and selfishness. I hope she recovers and gets back on her feet again.

29 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Sad that some dirtbag would hit someone and then run. I hope whoever did this is caught and pays a hefty price for their ignorance and selfishness. I hope she recovers and gets back on her feet again.

It happens all of the time out here, unfortunately.

Archived