SASS Wire Forum

FULL AUTO ????

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Any preferences as to full auto bb guns or rifles?

I read some reviews about some being tedious to load....

I want to move crows away from bird feeder if I can..

Best

CR

The best way I have found to get crows away from feeders is either feed them in a different location (squirrel food mix) or every time they show up toss a lit firecracker to scare them off. It doesn't take many. Just know that crows keep other annoying birds, like pigeons, away. I hate pigeons. I will take crows over them any day. So, I feed crows in my front yard and the other birds in the back yard.

Also, if you shoot a crow and kill it the other crows will hold it against you. Don't believe me? Try it. You'll have crow crap  everywhere afterwards. Guess how I know...they will also caw and wake you up every morning and when you go out to retaliate with a bird bomb or firecracker they will be gone. Amazingly smart and sly birds.

I have a umarex full auto desert storm commemorative beretta that shoots bbs.   I have to load it outside as bbs go everywhere trying to load it,  but when it is loaded it is fun

Cant leave co2 in it for ready use or the gun will be ruined.   Have to take the time to insert the co2 as needed and use it all up before the end of the day according to umarex.

I wonder if these "BB" submachine guns are actually chambered for BBs - "steel air rifle shot"?

Back in the early 2000s this Russian gun showed up.

It was not chambered for steel air rifle shot. It was chambered for .177 lead balls - BB shot.

And, just like shooting steel duck loads in an older shotgun, it will eventually damage the gun.

Most people that got them used BBs anyway. But you weren't supposed to.

I agree that you can't leave a Co2-powered BB gun charged up, as it will ruin the seals. I found that out the hard way. If you want to keep something handy your best bet is a simple pump-up rifle like a Daisy or Crossman.

Having said that, I have one of the Crossman/DMPS full-auto AR-15 SBR look-alikes, and it is a huge amount of fun to shoot. Unfortunately though it only holds 25 BBs so the fun only lasts a couple of seconds (no jokes, please).

@Chili Ron,

I am having the same issue, only with squirrels. 

Casualty this morning.....(really old pump action rifle)

1537703368_Squirrelcasualty.jpg.5b48a12d408fcca7dcc8517c4e1127ef.jpg 

I have recently been on that invention Mr. Al Gore created, searching for a repeating rifle or pistol to use, as my current arsenal of pellet firearms require pumping or single break action process which takes time after your first missed shot and the family of squirrels have disappeared.  :angry:  

I have an Umarex Glock with laser that runs on a CO2 cartridge; however, I find that if not used in a short period of time, the power is diminished.

Alpo's post above provided an option I had not considered...

1521213294_CO2SubmachineGuns.jpg.cce16a06ebbe9647838ba6e81e49a966.jpg

Video of the last one listed above....

AIR SOFT rifle is the way to go, especially in your circumstances.   PLUS, you can get the 

projectiles (pellets/bb...what ever you want to call them) in a biodegradable form.

My air soft rifle has a mag that hold approx 400 pellets and can fire approx 50+ in one burst.

It battery powered with rechargeable batteries that last a LONG time.

Each charge will give me approx 1000 fires, which will be 2 1/2 mag full of pellets.

Some Air Soft rifles will fire up to 20-22 rounds per second, approx 350-400 fps.

These ain't kid toys.

My personal Air Soft rifle fires about 350 fps at a rate of 14 pellets per second.  Very effective.

I use mine to keep squirrels off my deck and to scare the local cats out of my yard, especially when spring

time has a lot of baby birds making their first flight.

Pellets can be purchased in bottles of approx 5000 pellets.

Prices vary but I buy quality pellets for about $25 per bottle.

..........Widder

@Widder, SASS #59054,

What model airsoft rifle do you have?

What size ammo do you shoot (6mm - .12g or .20g)?

There was a company in Florida that made them in the 1980's. Had a big magazine you dumped them in. Just in front of the magazine was a hollow spike. That's where you punctured a can of freon to run it.

Ran like crazy. The problem was keeping enough BBs on hand. The freon can could go for days.

2 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

@Widder, SASS #59054,

What model airsoft rifle do you have?

What size ammo do you shoot (6mm - .12g or .20g)?

Mine is a Combat Machine,  6mm.

Leave the crows ALONE.  Killing crows is bad for you and them.   Don’t test it.

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

There was a company in Florida that made them in the 1980's. Had a big magazine you dumped them in. Just in front of the magazine was a hollow spike. That's where you punctured a can of freon to run it.

Ran like crazy. The problem was keeping enough BBs on hand. The freon can could go for days.

drozd blackbird 1.jpg

This one?

36 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

drozd blackbird 1.jpg

This one?

I think that was their first model.

I remember the bb magazine behind the freon.

Can sure got cold fast!!!

FYI

American crows are protected internationally by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. Despite attempts by humans in some areas to drive away or eliminate these birds, they remain widespread and very common.

TN also has certain 'legal' days and time zones that determine our crow

hunting privileges.  

Those who speak of 'Crow Revenge' in the post above know of what they speak.

Crows are smart..... except those 2 that lined up side by side in my crosshairs one day.

Shot was about 125 yards with my XP-100 Remington special built for 6mm BR.

I think the one lined up behind the other died first.  Ya don't often get a 2 for 1 shot.

..........Widder

Speaking of crows, my favorite crow story is how one day my WIRELESS camera on my driveway caught a picture of 2 crows.  One walking oblivious on the ground and his friend in hectic takeoff with a hawk flying sideways with talons extended to catch it.  It texted my a really clear shot.

7 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

FYI

American crows are protected internationally by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. Despite attempts by humans in some areas to drive away or eliminate these birds, they remain widespread and very common.

Well, my state is not generally known as pro-hunting, but we have a 9 month crow season - crows can be taken on Fridays, Saturdays and Mondays, no bag limit; you can use handguns, rifles or shotguns (remarkable, since we can't even use rifles for deer), or even falcons.  Only real limitation is that hunting is confined to State-owned Wildlife Management Areas - over 200,000 acres. 

But you can't pop that stinker on your feeder.....

LL

Howdy,

I don't know all this crow background.

I guess I should have said unwanted critters.

Geez Louize.

I want a full auto that isn't going to fall apart so I have to buy another in a few months.

Airsoft is something I know ZERO. 

Maybe I should just have called Widder…...maybe???

Ive seen if they get sting they go elsewhere.

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

I don't know all this crow background.

I guess I should have said unwanted critters.

Geez Louize.

I want a full auto that isn't going to fall apart so I have to buy another in a few months.

Airsoft is something I know ZERO. 

Maybe I should just have called Widder…...maybe???

Ive seen if they get sting they go elsewhere.

Best

CR

I'm always a phone call away:   865 / 696-1996

..........Widder

19 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

I knew the guy who invented that. Didn’t sell many until Guns and Ammo ran an article about it. Then he got rich. My wife worked for him for awhile. She said she opened hundreds of envelopes with checks in them from 8 to 5 every day.

8 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

But you can't pop that stinker on your feeder.....

LL

There is the law of, “Shoot, shovel and Shut up.”

39 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Didn’t sell many until Guns and Ammo ran an article about it.

Probably couldn't run that article today.

It starts out with him doing some aerial gunnery practice, on "DF4B"s. Here one came out of the sun, and he shoots that golden stream of bullets at it, and they  tear into the fuselage and the wings come off and it tumbles to the ground.

DF4B - Dragon Fly, 4 wings, Blue body.

That was a ton of fun to shoot. My dad had a friend who bought some land and was demolishing an old farmhouse on the property. He gave us the green light to take out all the windows.

Wow.

It was as if the glass was jumping out of the panes and sashes. In sunlight it really looked like a gold or copper colored stream of water.

Wondering now if instead of compressed air you used a tank of propane with an igniter at the muzzle . . . . . .

Archived