SASS Wire Forum

Shot a clean match with my Kirst/Pietta conversions and .44-40 HRA 011 New Classic Henry

Tuolumne Lawman 6127

Whet to a River City Regulators match in Davis, CA and had an awesome time.  Took my .45 Kirst/Piettas (Saber River 1860 and NMA 1858), and my HRA 011 Henry .44-40.  Their matches often have farther and more challenging targets than the standard 24x24 pistol plate at 3-5 yards.  In fact, one stage had a 8"  diamond, heart. spade, club set at from 7 ton 10 yards for pistol.  Another had small 12" cowboys at 25 yards for bonus rifle (shooting from a spring loaded buckboard seat!).  I shot a clean match with all guns, and even got 9 out of 10 bonus 25 yard cowboys on the bouncing buckboard!  

All guns performed awesome!  best match I have had in years....

fsHKHY2.jpg

L38lKI1.jpg

Here's my pair of conversions to go with my 1860 Henry:  Pietta/Kirst 1858 .45 conversion and Pietta/Kirst 1860 Saber River .45 conversion, and my HRA 1860 .44-40.  The Henry was in the January Chronicle, and the 1858 Kirst was earlier last year.  Saber River 1860 is in an upcoming article.

qBYJjYs.jpg

QTjXtun.jpg

cLB5j4C.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I was admiring your guns the whole match, but I had no idea the Henry was one of the HRA ones. I wish I had known. I would’ve asked to check it out. Yours would be the first one I’ve held in real life 

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

I was admiring your guns the whole match, but I had no idea the Henry was one of the HRA ones. I wish I had known. I would’ve asked to check it out. Yours would be the first one I’ve held in real life 

Versus in your dreams? ;)

1 minute ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Must have been at RCR! Bravo!

It was indeed. I was there that day. Only two shooters were clean. And no I wasn’t one of them. Close though. I only had 6 misses and 2 P’s

Archived