SASS Wire Forum

Rush Limbaugh

Rye Miles #13621

Rush announced at the end of his show today that he has been diagnosed with "advanced lung cancer". He'll be in my prayers!:(

Best of luck with your treatment Rush!

10 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Sadly you can bet that liberals everywhere are celebrating.

I've already heard some disgusting things on twitter, the bathroom wall of America! What shame.

I remember when Sarah Brady developed cancer and later died, virtually everyone on every gun forum I read was respectful, despite the fact that she dedicated her life to taking away our guns. Unfortunately the left isn't nearly as considerate, especially given the fact that they look at things as a fight between good (them) and pure evil (us).

33 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Sadly you can bet that liberals everywhere are celebrating.

The immature children on the left exposed themselves a long time ago as haters. Why should we be suprised that they're enjoying this? Hatred is all the left knows.

Best wishes to Rush, a truly great American and exceptional voice for conservatives, the truth and the Right side of reality.

Wow.  Isn't that the hardest kind of cancer to fight?  Maybe things have changed since my friend had it, but back then we were told once it was in your lungs it spread easily to everywhere.  They can and will try to get it out, but it almost never works. 

Being more libertarian than true "conservative," there is plenty that I agree with him and disagree with him on, and never considered myself a true "fan." Having said that, when I have listened, I've noticed he is far, far less likely to shout down or cut off someone he doesn't agree with when they call his show.

I do hope he wins this battle, because the right needs strong voices as well.

I can only imagine the appalling things being said by those vile beings that inhabit the far corners of the left.

17 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Being more libertarian than true "conservative," there is plenty that I agree with him and disagree with him on, and never considered myself a true "fan." Having said that, when I have listened, I've noticed he is far, far less likely to shout down or cut off someone he doesn't agree with when they call his show.

I do hope he wins this battle, because the right needs strong voices as well.

I can only imagine the appalling things being said by those vile beings that inhabit the far corners of the left.

I’m a big fan of his and I’ve heard him many times talk to liberals that called his show and he treated them with respect and truly tried to have a conversation with them. The guy is pure class!

Get well Rush!

I remember when I first heard him on the radio. It was 1990/91. I was never a loyal listener but liked to catch his shows when I could. I was always at work during his scheduled show. 

I hope he beats this cancer. I’ll keep him in my prayers. 

29 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’m a big fan of his and I’ve heard him many times talk to liberals that called his show and he treated them with respect and truly tried to have a conversation with them. The guy is pure class!

Get well Rush!

Exactly what I should have said, I have never heard him actually shout anyone down, or do anything but treat them with respect.

4 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Wow.  Isn't that the hardest kind of cancer to fight?  Maybe things have changed since my friend had it, but back then we were told once it was in your lungs it spread easily to everywhere.  They can and will try to get it out, but it almost never works. 

All cancers are bad of course.Lung cancer is rough. My mother only lasted a few months. But Pancreatic cancer is almost impossible to cure. I think

I believe Alex Trebek is battling it but I’ve never known anyone who survived it. 

I have never been a fan of Limbaugh but my heart goes out to him and his family during this difficult time.

Met Rush at Dans Bake sale in Fort Collins, Colorado back in 1993. Get well soon, Rush, you’re a fighter.

Keep in mind none of us live forever. Some pass on sooner than expected. Something will overcome each of us at some point.  Russ has made an impact on many of us in cementing our opinions and values. For that we thank him and pray for God's speed and health.

My dad, a WWII Marine veteran often wondered why the 18 year old next to him on Okinawa beach was shot dead while he lived on to reach the age of 94!

I've heard that Pancreatic Cancer has about a 3% survival rate.

I don't know about Lung Cancer.

QUESTION:  Rush often mention his favorite Cigars.   Does Cigar smoking cause cancer?

..........Widder

I have been a Rush fan since 1990, he is a patriot and truly loves our country. He drives the libs and rhinos crazy! love the guy, best to him!!   SCJ

5 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

QUESTION:  Rush often mention his favorite Cigars.   Does Cigar smoking cause cancer?

..........Widder

He smoked cigarettes for years because he used to refer to his "Formerly nicotine stained fingers". :o 

A few years ago member Greeenriver posted his experience with lung cancer treatment. When my girlfriend was beginning treatment for a different cancer that also involved radiation and chemo I read through all of Greeenriver's posts to have an idea what she could expect. Very encouraging information. 

After his treatment he was in remission for a while. It came back later and took his life. 

I had just gotten back in my car after a round of golf when Rush was making the announcement that he had cancer. I pray for the best for him. 

7 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

..........Widder

Absolutely. Even if you don't "inhale" you still inhale and  your  mouth does absorb nicotine when puffing on a cigar, but it's the tar that gets into your lungs that causes the  damage.

49 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Absolutely. Even if you don't "inhale" you still inhale and  your  mouth does absorb nicotine when puffing on a cigar, but it's the tar that gets into your lungs that causes the  damage.

I'm pretty sure he mentioned that he inhaled, which makes it worse.  My nephew came home from school one day saying his teacher taught him that every cigar was equal to a pack of cigarettes.  She didn't give any details on HOW it was equal.  I told him it wasn't true because my cigars cost 5X what a pack of cigarettes cost, which makes them 5x better.  I bet Rush's were 10x or 20x the cost. 

My mom is a big fan of his and has several of his books. His broadcast is something she has listened to daily for years.

He strikes me as a fighter so I sincerely hope he can beat this.

Lung, brain and pancreatic cancers are the worst. My Uncle had lung cancer from smoking and after a long battle he finally beat it. Unfortunately a several years later he was diagnosed with brain cancer and lost that battle.

Some discussion on Fox News this morning, mostly about the Corona virus, but their resident doctor said that experiments are being done with something called "immunotherapy".  He did NOT say that Rush was being treated that way, but it might be a possibility.  Prayers up for his recovery!

I have never listened to the guy, but he was a true conservative. The five year survival rate for stage 4 lung cancer is dismal, and worse in older people. I am pleased to see him get the MOF while he is still around.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Nice to see him get the Medal of Freedom  last night from Trump. :FlagAm:

Rush has certainly earned the honor.

:FlagAm:

Richly deserved, he has really been a force for the right direction of our country and generous to a fault. SCJ

Archived