SASS Wire Forum

Super bowl and the sacketts

Trigger Mike

I decided that I didn't want to watch any of the commercials last night and especially didn't want to see the half time show.   The Sacketts was on at the same time then Last Stand at Sabre River.  I switched back and forth between the game and the movie.   The only commercial we saw was the one with the car that parked itself.   That was by accident as I was making popcorn and didn't make the switch right away.   We missed the last 2 plays of the first half but otherwise got the majority.   

I didn't have to put up with the junk commercials or what I am told was similar to a strip joint half time show.

Tom Selleck was good as always. 

I went with the westerns too. BUT you missed a great commercial with Sam Elliot in a Doritos ad.    The first move for lack of better description was a mustauche moon walk       Great      GW

I cleaned my four guns that I shot at the monthly match.  And listened to a podcast from Downrange TV and Michael Bane.  

I have no use for pro sports, and won't watch any of them.  

Well speaking of the Sacketts, Sam Elliot was in one of them commercials with a High Noon shootout theme to it, facing off against another guy. Great western set & costumes.

Danged if I can remember the product or service though. Says a lot about today's advertising.

52 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Well speaking of the Sacketts, Sam Elliot was in one of them commercials with a High Noon shootout theme to it, facing off against another guy. Great western set & costumes.

Danged if I can remember the product or service though. Says a lot about today's advertising.

Doritos

I thought that commercial with Sam Elliot was terrible!! I still love Doritos though!!

I only saw the half-time show but did not hear it. Sound was off. We went out to have burgers and the restaurant had the game on, otherwise I wouldn’t have seen any of it. The only reason I paid any attention was because Shakira was on the show. :wub:

54 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I thought that commercial with Sam Elliot was terrible!! I still love Doritos though!!

A big +1

I thought that only three of the commercials were worth watching but today I can only remember what one was for, Weathertech. The rest were just disjointed noise that made no sense and it was hard to tell just what was being advertised. A bunch of companies wasted a ton of money in my opinion.

I had the game on but did not pay total attention to it. I did not watch any of the halftime show. The only commercial I looked up for happened to be the Sam Elliott commercial for Doritos.

I thought it sucked.

Saw about as much at the half time show as ya did back in the 60's at the XXX Movies. Made me sick, had to leave then came back for the second half of the game. Kept waiting for them to get laid right there on TV. Sick

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 4:12 PM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yeah, but it pays some of his bills, I bet.  Kinda pathetic, though, compared to his Western roles!

Archived