SASS Wire Forum

WTT/WTB: factory black laminate NM Vaquero grips

Philosopher

I've got a Ruger New Vaquero Talo model revolver with the birdshead grip frame that is wearing a set of black laminate factory grips. 

My second revolver is also a Ruger New Vaquero, but with the "regular" grip frame - this revolver wears the brown laminate factory grips.

I'd like to get the color of the grips matched up.

Anyone have a set of factory black laminate Ruger "regular" grips they would part with?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

I don’t think you can just swap the grips, you would probably need the whole grip frame.

I think OP is just looking for black laminate panels for the regular grip frame to match the birdshead model - not to make them both have birdshead shaped grips. I could be wrong of course.

7 minutes ago, Carolina Reaper said:

I think OP is just looking for black laminate panels for the regular grip frame to match the birdshead model - not to make them both have birdshead shaped grips. I could be wrong of course.

Hmmm, after re-reading I bet you are right.

Sorry I was unclear. 

I am just looking for black laminate GRIPS for a "regular" NM Vaquero frame, not looking to convert the regular frame to birdshead.

My goal is to have the two different grip frames BUT with the same color grips. 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Marshal Flint said:

I have these:

IMG_4111.thumb.jpeg.95d039047bf63f4e8f344f6712ef854e.jpeg

IMG_4112.thumb.jpeg.4c2560469dbed1eea9d5139e5b310c2c.jpeg

I need some .45 colt brass if you have any to trade.

Marshall

If the OP is not interested in your Ruger NMV grips I am!  Let me know how much 45 Colt brass you would like in trade. Thanks Pard. 

Marshall Flint, thank you but that's not quite what I'm looking for, so please feel free to make a deal with Bingo. 

I'm looking for grips colored like this pair on Brownell's which they describe as laminated silver/black grip panels: 

Link to silver-black grips on Brownells

Except I need grips to fit my NM Vaquero.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:40 AM, Marshal Flint said:

I would just be looking for what a pard thought was a fair trade for these, but truth be know if you had a truck full I would accept it :)

I have mucho brass to trade.

raceshots8@gmail.com

Still looking.

To reiterate I want JUST a set of Ruger factory silver/black laminate grips to fit a "regular" Ruger New Vaquero with an XR3 grip frame.  

Do not want a new metal grip frame.

Thanks!

Archived