SASS Wire Forum

One word Alias

Highwall

On 2/3/2020 at 8:27 AM, David Richert said:

Navy Davey my kids sister's called me that after I joined in 83 after serving 23 years they still use it also starts a few conversations

Billy Joel lyrics in The Piano Man : "He's talking with Davey, who's still in the Navy, and probably will be for life."   

42 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I thought assassin was a 3 word name. 

I must be pronounciating it wrong. 

4 words, ass ass I am, sometimes. It's a blessing and a curse.

I was watching Unforgiven and they were shooting the guy in the outhouse, all the ranch hands were yelling assassin, assassin. And, I checked the alias list. Low and behold it wasn't taken.

Blackwater.

It was originally Blackwater Desperado. An occasional river pirate, river boat gambler, and former member of Forest’s Black Horse Brigade.

When the river became too tame, he moved west to escape crooked lawmen and lawyers and dropped the Desperado, becoming a part time scout for hire and bounty hunter.

That’s my story.  You can’t prove otherwise!!

When I started CAS I knew I wanted Hoss. I’m a big guy, Bonanza was always a favorite, and my dad always called me Hoss. When I joined, Hoss was taken, so I went with Hoss Roonwright, a play on my last name (Rooney). 
a couple of renewals later, I checked, Hoss was available. I immediately called the SASS office, one of the Cowgirls there confirmed it was available,( previous holder had not renewed for a couple of years) She did my alias change and renewal then. 

During my search, my son in law reminded me of  Seymour Butts. I just cleaned it up a little. Most of the feed back I've gotten has been "I can't believe nobody had that already!"

I'm surprised there's not a "Paladin here!" Such a cool name and Richard Boone was a stellar tough guy but sophisticated in the series. I thought he was even better in the "Hec Ramsey" series.   Anyone here remember that? 

280full.jpg

My first assignment as a new artillery 2nd Lt in Germany was a Safety Officer.  I was frightened(of a mistake) for about a week of hell.  My callsign was "Nozzle Rag 15".  way too many syllabels.  Shortened to Noz.

Very good stories for all you one word alias's! Just imagine what we would hear from the two word alias's! :D

Several years back we bought a little piece of real estate in the Texas Hill Country that was strewn all over with ashen colored limestone stones. Being that my last name was GRAY (the proper spelling with an "A") we named it Grayrock. The name was both descriptive and possessive. I have used the name for several other things as well.

Is it Sasskicker or SASS Kicker.  She has been away so long I had forgot. Until she kicked my SASS last month.  :rolleyes:

On 2/13/2020 at 10:28 AM, Kirk James said:

Is it Sasskicker or SASS Kicker.  She has been away so long I had forgot. Until she kicked my SASS last month.  :rolleyes:

By chance Mr. Kirk James your middle initial isn't "T" is it? :blink:

Archived