SASS Wire Forum

One word Alias

Highwall

When joining SASS years ago I found it challenging to come up with an alias that wasn't already taken. On my third or fourth try I was lucky enough to get "Highwall" since that is my favorite weapon.

I don't know how many members are registered with one word alias names but would find it interesting to see them. Please take no offense to those of you with 2 or 3 or multiple alias names. Many are very topical, historical and ingenious if not just plain fun! 

Mine alias is actually my nickname from decades ago. Well, it's actually part of it, but we won't get into that. I'm old and my ears are hammered, so I figured I'd stick with something familiar, otherwise people would get the same reaction I would get from my dog when I call it.

I'm thinking of changing it to "Echo" though. Every time people ask me what my alias is, I tell them and they say "huh?" and I have to say it again. :D

I like Hendo! It's totally original :rolleyes:

Actually mine is a section of the town that I was brought up in.  The only people on the earth who will recognize it are people from that town.

My grandmother's maiden name. 

Also, there was a B Western with a scout named Duffield. 

In one scene he was riding back to town and the hero said: "Here comes Duffield!"

Thus my alias:

Duffield

Marauder

We moved around a lot.

It was originally The Morrill Marauder

Sort of a pun since I worked in churches a lot (moral), came from a small town of Morrill, and moved around causing people to think - therefore "causing trouble."

Then changed it just Marauder since it was still available.

8 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Well then who's that other guy that's so fun to shoot with that goes by the name Rattler John? :blink:

:lol:

That guy is no more!!:lol:

I started out as 'Widowmaker Hill'.

About 3-4 years later, Cherokee Big Dog (KY) started calling me Widder.  

And others were referring to my Marlin mod as a 'Widdermatic'.   Honestly, I didn't name it but rather

some 1873 shooters with the Ocoee Rangers started calling my Marlin that name.

The name 'Widder' stuck.   So I officially changed my SASS alias to 'Widder'.

And that's how that came about.

..........Widder

I was Cowboy Rance for many years because Rance wasn't available..

my Dads name was Rance and my Grandpa picked his name out 

from an old western comic book..

I checked on the one name alias quite often..

On one call it was available..

I got  it about 3-4 years ago..

Rance;)

I wanted a one-word name when I joined. I was surprised that Houston was available. That name works for me on so many levels, from sports to Texas history. My gun cart looks like an oil derrick too. :) 

When I started my custom leather business, I didn't want to limit what I made to just leather goods.  I had followed a number of trails, sometimes riding horses. but more often riding a blue truck, as well as my own Personally Owned Vehicle (POV).  My wife suggested "Trailrider Products" for the business.  When I joined SASS, I naturally chose "Trailrider" as my alias, to tie in with my business as well as some of my history.

19 hours ago, Flash said:

What I have always been called.

If you know Flash you know he's telling the truth.  When he says "always" that's literally true for Flash ;)

13 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Oh damn. He was so much fun to shoot with. I hope the new guy isn’t a jerk.:blink:

I’ve heard that he can be difficult and he also has some very strange Idiosyncrasies, like I’ve heard that he’s an Eagles fan!!!:lol:

On 2/3/2020 at 8:29 AM, Rattler said:

That guy is no more!!:lol:

On 2/3/2020 at 5:44 AM, Wyoma said:

Actually mine is a section of the town that I was brought up in.  The only people on the earth who will recognize it are people from that town.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:35 AM, Assassin said:

Assassin is much easier  to spell than Louisiana Lightnin'. 

Assassin and Rattler just easy way around them two word names.:)

Wy, sort of like where I'm from Bogata.  If someone can pronounce and/or spell it, they must be from there or know someone who is. Pronounced ba'go'ta. spelling is a story itself.

On 2/3/2020 at 10:32 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I started out as 'Widowmaker Hill'.

About 3-4 years later, Cherokee Big Dog (KY) started calling me Widder.  

And others were referring to my Marlin mod as a 'Widdermatic'.   Honestly, I didn't name it but rather

some 1873 shooters with the Ocoee Rangers started calling my Marlin that name.

The name 'Widder' stuck.   So I officially changed my SASS alias to 'Widder'.

And that's how that came about.

..........Widder

I remember that other guy too.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Archived