SASS Wire Forum

Congratulations to Kansas City & Andy Reid

6 minutes ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Great game!

Yes it was.

50 years in the making. I was 18 yrs old last time the Chiefs won it all. Yes the commercials were bad and half time show was embarrassing with my 6 year old granddaughter watching with me! :(  

34 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Great game but terrible commercials. Congrats to KC and their fans.

Trumps commercials were good, IMO, of course.

I live 180 miles from KC but the fireworks have been going off for over an hour now!  Chiefs nation is really spread!

3 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

The Chief's real game plan:

Image may contain: 1 person

Truth is he has over 20 favorite BBQ places he visits in KC.

I enjoyed the game and I think the best team won...but

What really tics me off is the" in your face" celebratory behavior that exists in todays sports.

I played football at a major west coast university when freshman had to play freshmen sports. I was taught to let my play speak for itself. No extra "in your face" celebration necessary. There was just too damn much of that stuff in tonight's Super Bowl. These players are paid millions to play the game, so play it and let the individuals performances speak for itself without the extra theatricals!

RANT OVER.....................

The NFL played its “last down” of football ”for me” 3+ years ago when the mediocre loser Colon Crappybutt sat, then kneeled during the National Anthem and the NFL’s Roger Goodell refused to impose any public display of disciplinary punishment, which led to more of the same look-alike, copycat  behavior across several other sports.  I haven’t watched any football games since, and the game became dead to me.  In fact there are a few other sports I refuse to follow (support) for the same reason.  I don’t support their sponsors, either.  The owners, the individual players, the teams, Roger Goodell and the entire NFL organization could disappear/go missing and I wouldn’t tune in the news reports.  The “Super Bowl” is a meaningless waste of time as far as I’m concerned.  I don’t forgive or forget..

Cat Brules

Was it just my imagination, or did it seem to anyone else that the announcers tended to favor the 'Niners with their comments...?  I thought that they sounded as if they considered an SF win to be pre-ordained.  Not a complaint; merely an observation.

Also, since I've heard nothing to the contrary, I assume that the San Francisco community accepted the outcome graciously.  

That said, had it been the old Oakland Raiders who had lost, there would've been riots.  Heck... had it been the old Oakland Raiders and they had WON there would've been riots! :lol:

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Was it just my imagination, or did it seem to anyone else that the announcers tended to favor the 'Niners with their comments...?  I thought that they sounded as if they considered an SF win to be pre-ordained.  Not a complaint; merely an observation.

Also, since I've heard nothing to the contrary, I assume that the San Francisco community accepted the outcome graciously.  

That said, had it been the old Oakland Raiders who had lost, there would've been riots.  Heck... had it been the old Oakland Raiders and they had WON there would've been riots! :lol:

I thought about what if San Fran won, where would they have their parade? What would they do with all the homeless? I guess they could have made a huge float and made the homeless part of it!:lol:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I thought about what if San Fran won, where would they have their parade? What would they do with all the homeless? I guess they could have made a huge float and made the homeless part of it!:lol:

The San Francisco niners don’t even play in SF. They play in Santa Clara, a good 40 miles or so away. 

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

You are correct about them being for the Niners. When KC came back in the fourth quarter it was like the air had been let out of both of them.

I'm still spinning over this win. 50 years. They could win 15 games in the season and lose the first play off. So many disappointments with so many close losses. And then the last second loss a year ago. It was the biggest win in the Super Bowl history as far as I am concerned for as long at it took this team to get there. Remember the first 4 Super Bowl games and how close for the Chiefs till that win 50 years ago. What other football team has fought for 50 years to finally, finally make it!

1 hour ago, El Hombre Sin Nombre said:

The San Francisco niners don’t even play in SF. They play in Santa Clara, a good 40 miles or so away. 

They would have had the parade in San Francisco!!

https://www.ninersnation.com/2020/1/24/21080524/49ers-will-hold-super-bowl-parade-in-san-francisco-if-they-win-super-bowl-liv

6 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

Mahomes just became one of my favorite pro athletes. 

And the kid is only 24 years old. I heard someone say the other day, "sports doesn't build character, it reveals it" It seems this guy's character is revealed here.

48 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

This is pretty cool.

3AEF80B4-DA36-4264-944C-02181A06411B.png

A beautiful example of how respect works both ways.  The others respected him and his girlfriend  and their need to have some privacy, he, in turn, showed respect and gratitude for their gesture.  

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

It wasn’t your imagination.

Joe Buck & company did the same thing when KC Royals and SF Giants played in the 2014 World Series. According to him, it was the Giants and that other team. 

33 minutes ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It’s way we roll here. Us bumpkins and rubes in flyover country. 

Don't you mean deplorables?

8 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Me thinks you are putting too much faith on the Oakland team. But that is coming from a Seattle fan of former years.

Chicken hawks were then in the AFC.   :D

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

It’s way we roll here. Us bumpkins and rubes in flyover country. 

Thanks for restoring my faith in folks. As a former rube from flyover country, that makes me smile. :D

16 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Great game!

...yes indeed, the game was great; the commercials were...  well, ….commercials and getting tiring...  and the half time show, well...  I think that I am getting too old to fully appreciate the motivation and purpose of the half time show...  

Archived