SASS Wire Forum

One advantage of having a cat instead of a dog...

Ya leave the room during the game... and when ya come back, the chips are unmolested and the guacamole bowl ain't licked clean.  :P

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Ya leave the room during the game... and when ya come back, the chips are unmolested and the guacamole bowl ain't licked clean.  :P

Are you certain about the Chips, Hardpan?  How certain?

And what about cat hair in the Guac ? :rolleyes:

I see no advantage to owing a pet with indifference to it's owner. A dog will lick your face with love no matter how ugly you are! :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, Highwall said:

I see no advantage to owing a pet with indifference to it's owner. A dog will lick your face with love no matter how ugly you are! :rolleyes:

A dog will lick just about anyone's face with love. If a cat licks your face with love, you know it's because the cat actually loves you, not because it just doesn't know any better. :wub:

2 hours ago, Dude Slade said:

A dog will lick just about anyone's face with love. If a cat licks your face with love, you know it's because the cat actually loves you, not because it just doesn't know any better. :wub:

2 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

After it ate its own turds.

If a cat licks your face it has either decided that you are a potential meal or that you look and smell like its behind!!

And cats consume their own feces too!!

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

After it ate its own turds.

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

If a cat licks your face it has either decided that you are a potential meal or that you look and smell like its behind!!

And cats consume their own feces too!!

I've never experienced this. However, my dog would eat cat turds. Fortunately, his previous owners taught him not to lick peoples faces. He was pretty much an angel.

18 hours ago, Highwall said:

That's 'cuz he's trying to lick off whatever it is that's making you look ugly. ;)

Some cats seem indifferent to their owners, but when I still lived at home my mom had several Siamese cats and they were extremely sociable. One of them bonded with me big-time, and she would wait at the window for me to come home from work or school and make a huge commotion as soon as she saw my car pull up outside. When she passed away at just 7 years old it was the worst kick in the gut I ever felt up to that time. :(

If a cat ever licks my face it will be a day that lives in infamy! I have no ill will towards the feline species but they seem to sense I'm a dog lover and hold that against me. 

I love boxers. They are big smoochers. I live in wolf and coyote country and travel to shooting matches, regattas, Scouts, etc. Dogs would be left alone too much and would probably be killed. My cats are very affectionate yet quite capable of being on their own, Different times, different pets.

If you ever have one wrap itself up with your heart strings, you'll understand. This guy brings me endless joy.

MagpulAsleep1.jpg

On 2/2/2020 at 6:58 PM, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

True.  And sure the cat will drink out of your cup/bowl, but they don't drink much. 

We have a dog who once tricked me out of my seat on the couch.  She was there when I wanted to sit down so I made her get off.  A few minutes later she stared out the window and growled.  As soon as I got up to check it out, she jumped back into my seat. 

That's a trick that only works once or twice.  Three times, max. 

Mud Marine mentioned boxers.  I've never had one of my own, but friends had one that I constantly kept in trouble.  When Sam was let inside he was supposed to sit on his rug beside the front door.  We' d go over, & my chair was beside the fireplace.  Sam would creep to the left side of my chair (out of view of the room) until he could rest with his head in my lap.  I just can't feel bad about it.  This is the same dog who had never seen a small child before, but when let loose in the front yard would keep my daughter from pavement.  She could go in the yard, but not in the driveway, and not in the street.  She was (and is) a little bitty thing; she would walk up to him.  His head was higher than hers.  He'd lick her in the face & she'd sit down.  I never worried about her when Sam was around.

Archived