SASS Wire Forum

Have you ever reloaded your .32 or .41 rimfires?

Fence Cutter

Has anyone ever used one these kits? Sure they're a little pricey but it allows you to have a little fun with these old guns instead of letting them lay around. Besides, CAS is not cheap, so we should be used to that part.

http://www.hlebooks.com/cartridge/cartridge.htm

ITEM #A32RF-S : Starting Kit for 32 RF Short

Content: 32RF dies and tools (same for short and long case) + 12x 32 RF short reloadable brass cases + 25 round nose bullets (.316”). Delivered in a wood box.

Note that  primers are not shipped.

Approx weight 560g - Price US$ 225.00 + Shipping

15806833546303003105709073725568_1057245833300450.jpg.5cdc75956dd95961c735863e4211ce7b.jpg

What chemical or other such, do you use to reload rim-fire cartridges?

I did not know that there was any means to reload rim-fire.

Cat Brules

Well, the whole process seems like a cluster jury rig to me.

Not for me.

It looks like a job for people with a lot of life insurance and a death wish.

I think it’s too dangerous to use.

Not only that, this guy mutilated an antique pistol In order to demonstrate this rather ridiculous equipment......So, where would you find, without difficulty, additional cartridge cases?  Make them maybe? It’s not worth the effort, or as I said, maiming your rare revolver.

Cat Brules

7 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

....So, where would you find, without difficulty, additional cartridge cases? 

Cat Brules

I don't have a horse in this race one way or the other, but apparently you have not read or viewed anything that has been posted on this subject in its entirety because several sources for acquiring the brass has been listed.

And like all light Cowboy loads the brass can be used over and over and over many times.

Yeah, I did watch the video and became even more appalled.

Cat Brules

I am surprised no one has mentioned reloading rimfires.  There are companies selling kits to reload 22 rimfire ammo, but maybe it would not possible with the 32 or 38 rimfire because of the availability of useable cases.  Video shows a kit with a hook to clean the inside of the rim and an eye dropper to prime.  Bullet molds and crimpimg tools.   Sharpshooter 22 LR reloading tool is one.   Some one smarter than me can post a link      GW

56 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

I am surprised no one has mentioned reloading rimfires.  There are companies selling kits to reload 22 rimfire ammo, but maybe it would not possible with the 32 or 38 rimfire because of the availability of useable cases.     GW

This post is about reloading .32, .38 and .41 rimfire........

Cases are available..........

Just saying if you can reload a used 22 rimfire case, then the larger cases should be no problem if available        GW

Has anyone ever used one these kits?

Yes, I ordered the kit as a starter to put an 1872 Stevens 32 Long RF Tip Up back to life.  Then expanded the kit:

* Had Roberson Cartridge Co modify their 32 Long centerfire program to cut the slit & open up the primer pocket .... ordered 50 cases

* The bullets in the kit are poor casts, so I found the correct Ideal mold for the 32 Long RF ...

- Ideal 299152. This is the regular bullet for the .32 Short, Rim or Central Fire shells. Use only No. 4 tool. Powder charge 8 grains FFFg  black. (Heel, RN, 80 - TP is 465)

image.png.c9ecb37542d64912bc552a90ecab28f0.png

Ordered 1000 Flobert 6mm primers and am good to go for a long  time

PS: Yes, I reload primed empty 22LR brass cases with BP and smokeless also ... "Stepping Back Into Time", era of the UMC Match bullet

2 hours ago, G W Wade said:

Just saying if you can reload a used 22 rimfire case, then the larger cases should be no problem if available        GW

Try finding 32, etc rimfire cases.  

Having said that,  I was doing some trading with an old Winchester collector and he pulled open a drawer and asked,  "Have you ever seen these?".  He had ran across a batch of 44 rimfire cases that were still primed.  Apparently,  someone had pulled the bullets and dumped the powder years ago.   He had then loaded with some bullet with outside hand lube.  Didn't look the neatest.  

Try finding 32, etc rimfire cases. 

Warden -  you are looking in the wrong places ...

Roberson Cartridge  Co ... ALL RF CALIBERS, including 44's

https://www.rccbrass.com/?swoof=1&post_type=product&product_cat=rimfire

Jeff Roberson, owner, when he modified the 32 Long RF CAD program for me - he has since  added a full line of RF brass

18 minutes ago, John Boy said:

Warden -  you are looking in the wrong places ...

Roberson Cartridge  Co ... ALL RF CALIBERS, including 44's

https://www.rccbrass.com/?swoof=1&post_type=product&product_cat=rimfire

Jeff Roberson, owner, when he modified the 32 Long RF CAD program for me - he has since  added a full line of RF brass

I'm referring to the original rimfire cases.

Archived