SASS Wire Forum

WTB TOYOTA TUNDRA

I know it's a long shot, but why not. We're looking to buy Tundra under 50,000 miles, light color, good condition.  We're in the area where Il, IN and KY come together. (Within 20 miles of where the first ones were built) . We'll pay cash or trade shipping containers for the right one! No Horse Hair

This is a slightly OT response, but I have to voice my experience with a 2005 Tundra, a base work truck, 2 door, crank windows, 8" bed, 4.7 V8, auto. Paid $17,500 new, drove it for 11 years, finally replaced it at 138,000 miles with a Camry. Sold it for $7,500; total repair cost was $38 (repair cost - not routine maintenance cost) for a new tailgate strap and a tailgate handle. Best vehicle I've ever owned. I used it like a car and it always started and ran fine. Only complaint was when the low tire pressure light came on; checked the tires, they were fine, finally dropped the full size spare, it was low; duh!

Best vehicle I have ever had in my 60 years of ownership. Good luck finding one with low mileage as most folks just keep them.

17 hours ago, No Horse Hair, SASS #77464 said:

I know it's a long shot, but why not. We're looking to buy Tundra under 50,000 miles, light color, good condition.  We're in the area where Il, IN and KY come together. (Within 20 miles of where the first ones were built) . We'll pay cash or trade shipping containers for the right one! No Horse Hair

Check the frame well,  they had issues and some were covered under warranty to replace the frames.

Sooner, I know what you refer to. I made a delivery to a Toyota  dealer and saw frames stacked out back that I believe were replaced under warranty. But I've had 3 of them and the first one (early production run) is still moving around here locally. We've had very good luck with them, so gonna buy another.  Only problem is it's hard to find used ones with any savings considering the mileage. My last one had 130xxx miles and all I did was replace the boots on front driveshafts, due , I believe to the fact it had a small lift on the front. It even had the original brake pads .

Archived