SASS Wire Forum

A question about Amazon

Alpo

Several years ago (I'm fairly certain) Amazon told me that all music I bought from them was also stored in the cloud. Whether I downloaded an MP3 file, or bought a CD, that music would be stored as MP3 files in the cloud, and I could download it to whichever device I wanted.

I was thinking of that the other day, knowing that I had bought CDs from them that I didn't know where they were, and had downloaded music from them to dead computers.

And I thought, "heck, I'll just download them to my current device. This is wonderful".

I can't find how to do it. I can't find anything on Amazon that talks about it.

It seems one of three things is going on.

They have discontinued this, which would explain why I can't find anything about it.

My computer ability has gotten worse, and it's still there I just can't find it.

Too much amapola, and it was all a pipe dream. This thing never existed.

Any of y'all know anything about it? Amazon ever tell you this?

I'm not sure how Amazon would get the music off of a packaged CD so they could store it in the cloud. I suppose they might have an agreement of some kind with the music industry which would have supplied them a MP3 copy with every CD sold, but I doubt it. 

I actually can't remember ever buying a CD from Amazon, but have LOTS of MP3 albums that I still can access. Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Hmmm....

I noticed that some of the Movies I purchased on Amazon Prime are no longer in my Video Library; apparently they lost their license for certain films - like Last Stand at Saber River with Tom Selleck.  So I guess I'm just plain out of luck.

LL

Alpo, do you have an Amazon Prime account? If not, that may be the reason you can’t find it but if you do I would call this number:

888-280-4331

Archived