SASS Wire Forum

Project - Collapsable gun cart

Pea Eye Parker

Those wheels very likely will be too small and weak.  Most of the venues will be rocky dirt, so if you’re going to build something from scratch, as you say, those little wheels would make it like pulling or pushing a sled land will crater on you pretty quick.  My opinion.

Cat Brules

Yea I thought of that. We live full time in our RV and space is limited. These wheels are 9” and I have tested it around here on gravel roads and tall grass. It’s done fine so far. Sandy areas are primarily what I am worried about. We’ll see what happens.

1 hour ago, Tequila Chase said:

Interesting concept, I've got two questions though:

1.  Where do you put your long guns?

2. Do you feel guilty stealing that old guys walker?? :lol:

That ole guy was easy to woop :D the long guns go in the ATV racks on each side. They have a rubber strap that holds tension. Here is  a pic with pistol holsters and loading blocks.

IMG_0514.JPG

1 hour ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Do you have any problems with the long guns slipping down in the ATV racks?

The racks have a rubber strap that hold them pretty tight. I have only done some test runs. We'll see what happens. It is pretty light weight and folds up pretty flat.

2 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Do they let you cut the line at the LT when you bring that cart up? ;)

I was wondering the same thing, Ozark.  Maybe he gets to use the reserved handicap space at the LT. :D

Good idea, Pea Eye.  Also, that's a great alias!

i used the same racks on my golf cart gun cart back when i shot 3-gun , i re-purposed to this game when i transitioned with some modifications to make it more SASS friendly , im always impressed with the ways we find to make things work on a shoestring budget [that is where i started] so we can put the funds where they most count , congrats n an innovative solution , mine has seen a number of transitions over the years im sure you will find that as well , 

• 1 month later...

im liking both , lots of possibilities , i am looking forward to seeing what you do , im enjoying seeing what the OP did , its all the ingenuity that goes into these that interests me - besides i get inspiration from your efforts , always adding a little to mine-or deleting-or changing , its just one more fun element of this sport , 

Lots of possibilities for the welding cart.  Add some large headed bolts and nuts, and it becomes very easy to disassemble.  Once the handle is off (two bolts) and the wheels are off ( two hitch pins) it will all fit in a modest trunk.  The part I like the best is the balance; it takes two fingers on the handle and it rocks back on those big wheels, and rolls super easy.

LL

008.jpg

010.jpg

007.jpg

005.jpg

002.jpg

i like it , always had a fascination with what folks do with the one off types , the traditional are really fun but my interest is always attracted to these conversions , 

oh and , nice job by the way i really like it , 

as i said , always fascinated with what folks do with the one off types , i see they do the same with the traditional , love these conversions with the innovations your building into them , i particularly like the double shotgun solutions , 

Thank you. All the cowboy shooting parts remove or install in under a minute without tools and the  s x s shotgun extension pops right off for when I get a 97.  Picked the cart up for $25.

Archived