SASS Wire Forum

Appetizer, dessert or dish?

Love the mold.  Chocolate icing on top would be the pièce de résistance.  Use a milk chocolate icing and add large very dark chocolate shavings to it for added effect.

A dish, not desert.  Don’t waste time making it yourself.  Grocery store deli BBQ chicken wings or fried chicken wings.  Or maybe, a couple small pizzas cut into eighths?  Maybe a bag of Cheez-it cheese cracker chips, too.  There’ll be plenty of dip there.

Cat Brules

On 1/31/2020 at 8:22 PM, Calamity Kris said:

Love the mold.  Chocolate icing on top would be the pièce de résistance.  Use a milk chocolate icing and add large very dark chocolate shavings to it for added effect.

Don't forget the candy corn :D:D

Weenie Tots:
Miniature weenies, wrapped in a half slice of bacon, speared onto a slice of water chestnut with a tooth pick (which also serves as a handle)
Cover with a mix of Karo syrup and ketchup (half and half, mixed well, paint on with a paintbrush) then stack on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for a half hour or so, enough to make sure the bacon is cooked.

We take this and it's very, very well received!

1 minute ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Weenie Tots:
Miniature weenies, wrapped in a half slice of bacon, speared onto a slice of water chestnut with a tooth pick (which also serves as a handle)
Cover with a mix of Karo syrup and ketchup (half and half, mixed well, paint on with a paintbrush) then stack on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for a half hour or so, enough to make sure the bacon is cooked.

We take this and it's very, very well received!

I'm sorry, you lost me after the bacon part.;)

Alpo, the wife uses light.

Dark sounds like it would be good!

We'll have to try it sometime!

5 hours ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Alpo, the wife uses light.

Dark sounds like it would be good!

We'll have to try it sometime!

Give it a go with molasses.  Give it some zip with some Coleman's Dry Mustard.

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Light or dark?

Need to be precise in recipes.

I wrote an article elsewhere about that today. Cooking and baking in Siberia and elsewhere in Eastern Europe with no measuring devices and an old Soviet built gas oven.  The only marks on the dial were I, II, and III, which equate to hot, hotter, and damned hot. The second batch of banana muffins I made were very good and with two boys 6 and 8 in the apartment they didn’t last long. The first batch didn’t stay around long either.

On 1/31/2020 at 2:08 PM, Fence Cutter said:

A few bottles of my homemade schnopps have always been well received. 

You've been holding out on me pard. 

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Ok, made my decision.  I decided that whatever I came up with it had to made with stuff I had in the pantry.  No running out to get something.

Bacon wrapped hotdogs.

Do you par-cook the bacon before wrapping the dogs with it?

Archived