SASS Wire Forum

Why did NRA kick out Ollie North

Irish Pat

I have been a life member many years and always support the NRA.  I thought Ollie was going to be a great asset.  What I heard was that he found out Warren Lapierree and his pals had huge expense accounts and were wasting NRA money so they got rid of him.  Please tell me it is not true.  Irish Pat, sass 19486, 

I don't know why, nor if, either is true.

BUT, the NRA has some mighty RICH contributors who probably foot the bills for most of

the 'expense accounts' of NRA's officers, etc..... 

I'm pretty sure the NRA museum, Whittington Center, Washington Lobbyist, etc..... wasn't

created nor function on the $200 Life Membership I bought about 30 years ago.

When the Boss goes out and secures a couple BIG endowments that are very beneficial

to the future of the NRA, it don't bother me if a bonus trip to Disney World is part of the 

package.

Both Wayne and Ollie are bulls.   I would be honored to sit at a dinner table with either.

But sometimes, 2 bulls just don't seem to work out well when put in the same pen.

EDIT:  And neither  Ollie's or Wayne's existence, well being or successes

is dependent upon the successes of the other.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

I have been a life member many years and always support the NRA.  I thought Ollie was going to be a great asset.  What I heard was that he found out Warren Lapierree and his pals had huge expense accounts and were wasting NRA money so they got rid of him.  Please tell me it is not true.  Irish Pat, sass 19486, 

He SAID he heard that about LaPierre, he never proved it. He’s a trouble maker. I’m glad he’s gone from the NRA!

He was a "political" Marine officer.

I didn't agree with Ollie being brought on board in the first place.

I recently became a Life Member again (long story) and I wouldn't be a member if I thought the NRA was bad for our cause.

As far as I am concerned they are IT in regards to fighting for our freedoms and having inroads in Washington DC. All the rest of the gun organizations are posers in comparison.

All this infighting, manufactured or otherwise weakens us as a whole and any organization that revels in the NRAs demise is just as bad as the Leftist sons-of-bastages  that want to take  away our rights.

If the Washington Post and the New York Times are pushing the tale, it stinks to high Heaven! Did MSNBC and the "others" try to make something of it too?  :angry:

I heard that one of our foreign Ambassadors overheard the sister of an NRA

staff member comment that Wayne and Ollie had an argument over how much

aid should or shouldn't be given to support the new gun range at the local 

nudist camp and which one of them would do the ribbon cutting ceremony..... :lol:;)

They flipped a coin to determine who would do the ribbon cutting honor and as expected,

the coin landed 'Tails Up'.    Wayne won!

:D

Its rumored that he used a double sided coin..... :o

..........Widder

2 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I heard that one of our foreign Ambassadors overheard the sister of a an NRA

staff member comment that Wayne and Ollie had an argument over how much

aid should or shouldn't be given to support the new gun range at the local 

nudist camp and which one of them would do the ribbon cutting ceremony..... :lol:;)

They flipped a coin to determine who would do the ribbon cutting honor and as expected,

the coin landed 'Tails Up'.    Wayne won!

:D

..........Widder

If Ollie would have won, he'd have had to bring back Fawn Hall.....I wouldn't have minded that one bit.:wub:

8 hours ago, Assassin said:

Did Col. North attend EOT last year?

NRA First Vice President Charles Cotton gave the keynote address in place of Oliver North.

11 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I don't know why, nor if, either is true.

BUT, the NRA has some mighty RICH contributors who probably foot the bills for most of

the 'expense accounts' of NRA's officers, etc..... 

I'm pretty sure the NRA museum, Whittington Center, Washington Lobbyist, etc..... wasn't

created nor function on the $200 Life Membership I bought about 30 years ago.

..........Widder

NRA Whittington Center has always been self supporting through contributions as I understand. ( Whittington Center supporter since 1980) :)

Col. North attended the Texas State Rifle Association Annual meeting last year in February where we celbarated our 100 year anniversary. He was our key note speaker at the evening banquet. Met him after it was over and like many others got my photo taken with him. By the time EOT came around he had already been ousted. The NRA legislative Director Cox was also ousted because he supported North against Lapierre.

NRA needs new leadership top to bottom. North has his own issues but the NRA leadership under LaPierre does too. Combine the NRA shooting themselves in their own foot and the hatred and attacks on the NRA in the media and by politicians and you have an ineffective neutered NRA with a divided leadership encompassing large portions of the leaders in the gun rights movement right when gun control advocates are organized and in the midst of a state by state attack on gun rights - while the USSC has decided to sit on it's thumbs and do nothing. 

Right now I still have my life membership in the NRA but I financially support state rights organizations and the 2nd Amendment foundation which has done yoemans work in the courts. Wayne should retire and allow new leadership for the good of the NRA, until he does the leadership and board will remain divided and the NRA weak while mired in controversy, during a time when the NRA needs to be united and strong.

Archived