SASS Wire Forum

It's

54 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Just that much closer to Monday.
It's out there, just around the corner, waiting.

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...............:rolleyes:

39 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I sure miss his shows.  They were so SANE!

You mean you don't like the newer ones where the female cops wear designer clothes and regularly beat up guys twice their size, or where every character has a deep dark secret that will threaten everyone around them? 

I'm Retired.  My "Weekend" starts on Monday when all the Cubicleites go back to work, and lasts until Friday.  Unless I'm shooting, I stay home on Saturday and Sunday.

Some brainiac politician here in WA state is pushing a bill through the state legislature to change the standard workday to four days a week (32 hours). Sounds great until you realize that anything over that is overtime, and employers will force everyone to work just 32 hours which means my bills are not going to get paid. Also since the law really only says 32 hours that means people will likely still work five days a week, only shorter days.

10 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Some brainiac politician here in WA state is pushing a bill through the state legislature to change the standard workday to four days a week (32 hours). Sounds great until you realize that anything over that is overtime, and employers will force everyone to work just 32 hours which means my bills are not going to get paid. Also since the law really only says 32 hours that means people will likely still work five days a week, only shorter days.

In the last 20 years or so that I was with the FAA we had what was known as AWS, Alternate Work Schedule.  This was worked out between management  and the workforce.  We worked four 10 hour days per week and were able to cover the 80 hours a pay period.  We were 24/7 and our weekends rarely fell on Saturday and Sunday but this meant our "weekends" consisted of one of two days off followed by one of three days off.  This would only work if we had at least seven in the unit, which we did.  We never wanted to go back to five 8 hour days.    

In the movie "DI", my Senior DI was the Puerto Rican boot that couldn't tell the sex of the flea. I happily watch that flick many times just to watch him catch H___!!!   :wub:

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 9:51 AM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 10:17 AM, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

In the last 20 years or so that I was with the FAA we had what was known as AWS, Alternate Work Schedule.  This was worked out between management  and the workforce.  We worked four 10 hour days per week and were able to cover the 80 hours a pay period.  We were 24/7 and our weekends rarely fell on Saturday and Sunday but this meant our "weekends" consisted of one of two days off followed by one of three days off.  This would only work if we had at least seven in the unit, which we did.  We never wanted to go back to five 8 hour days.    

Where I worked for the state, you could work 5-8 hour days (which I preferred), 4-10 hour days or 9-9 hour days (not sure on the last one). One day, when work was being assigned one person complained she got as much work assigned to her as everyone else; but she only worked 4 days a week. LOLOLOL! :rolleyes:

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 8:36 AM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Where I worked for the state, you could work 5-8 hour days (which I preferred), 4-10 hour days or 9-9 hour days

Where I last worked I swear I was doing 9-9 hour days..... all in a single week! :huh:

Archived